greyhound1 Guest

Default second stage regulators attached to houses

Is there a minimum "distance from the ground" requirement for second stage regulators attached to homes? I had heard that the reason for the minimum height requirement is so snow does not lay to a height that would clog the vent below the regulator. I also heard that if the main pipe attached to the regulator (i.e., the pipe entering the home) is at least 18" off the outside ground, then this is sufficient. I would assume however, that the height requirement would refer to the distance between the bottom of the regulator and the ground directly beneath it. Any code requirements in NFPA? I am referring to a second stage regulator servicing one (1) one hundred gallon tank in lower bucks county, PA. Thank you.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: second stage regulators attached to houses

I am assuming you are asking about LP gas tanks and equipment. Attached is a handy guide for them but I would highly recommend contacting the company that furnishes LP gas in your local area and ask them. Different areas may have different regulations.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Beacon Inspection Services
    Proudly Serving the Greater Henderson and Las Vegas Valley Area in Southern Nevada!
    Like Beacon On Facebook

Mitchell Toelle Guest

Default Re: second stage regulators attached to houses

Yep. Another DIY question.