Exclamation A warning to all from InspectionNews

Thanks for all the professionalism on InspectionNews. Yes, that is said with a great deal of sarcasm.

During the past few weeks I have been dealing with some family medical issues and when not involved in that working late nights for clients to earn a living. I will have to admit that moderating (what should be a self moderated) board can not be on the top of my priority list. For those of you that are sick of the antics on InspectionNews I do apologize for that.

I have gone through and read the recent emails of reported posts and have dealt with many of the issues. While I may not personally reply to your reported post I have looked at it and/or dealt with it.

I am going to try and do a better job of moderating but I will not sacrifice my productive billable hour time to do so. It's tough times out there and we all need to earn a living, including me.

While several of you are still poking at each other the result is that you are poking at me as well, making my life difficult. I don't have time for it and will not put up with it. If any other threads like "to the thin skinned" pop up they will most likely be deleted before they have a chance to get out of hand as this one did.

So what does this mean? You may see more threads disappear, more infractions given out and possibly more accounts deleted. Whatever it takes to bring InspectionNews back to what is was meant to be "...to have peaceful, educational and informative discussions related to the inspection business. Please discuss the topics and do not get into personality conflicts and/or arguments.".

I still encourage everyone to report new post that you feel are breaking the rules of the board. The more individuals that report the same post the better the chances of it getting tended to.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1
    View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

Default Re: A warning to all from InspectionNews

Thanks Brian. I appreciate the time and effort you put into this board that is a source of great information to all inspectors. Sorry that it is necessary to corral the kindergartners at times.
    I for one do not take for granted the board or the effort you put into it, keep up the good work, and thanks again!
    I hope the family medical issues work out well.
    Jim

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hannigan View Post
    While several of you are still poking at each other the result is that you are poking at me as well, making my life difficult. .
    Well said.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Brian,

I am sorry to say that I was not reading or posting as much as I used to, because the general feel had become unpleasant. A real shame. This is a tremendous source of knowledge, information and communication. I also believe that it is possible to share this knowledge and experience in a polite and professional manner. I too appreciate your time and effort.

Gunnar

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

hope all goes well on the home front. Worry about them , not us. We are all behind you and your decisions 100%

William Brady Guest

Some people will always be a lot of work. I get my answers here to things and many times hear things I need to hear for future reference. Thanks Brian for this site and I hope that those involved can control themselves in the future.

Ken McConnell Guest

Thanks Brian for all your work in this form, I feel this form has helped me so much over the years and continues to open my eyes to new issues that come in the profession of home inspections.
    My prayers are with you and your family, and thanks again.

Ken McConnell
    Quality Home & Building Inspection Consultants

Patrick McCaffery Guest

Thanks Brian, I really enjoy InspectionNew and the great information that it provides. There are many great inspectors out there that share their knowledge experience and I certainly appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kondzich View Post
    I agree Gunnar, I am also a less frequent visitor. It seemed like a few months ago whenever a new Inspector came around certain people from Texas and Tennessee would ask why in Gods name they would choose this business. I understand the schools build you up, but getting shot down your first post got old. All in all, these people who did the shooting down were here at the peak, and at the bottom, so if they dont have 20 Inspections a week the sky is falling. This business can be great, a store front not needed, and a few thousand $ in tools plus obviously a lot of knowledge is needed. That being said, thats the same for any business minus the storefront and hundreds of thousands in equipment. Also the retired person who has picked up where the old AD left off is getting old as well. Thats my 2 cents. Thanks Brian, this is a huge wealth of info. I appreciate people like Jerry P for his knowledge, and hate for "subpanels" and Rick H from Texas on his humor. By the way Rick, are you sure that flashing on your new porch is correct? LOL.
    Since I'm from TN I guess this was directed to me, but then I will not do more than 10 inspections a week and I prefer to do only 6-8 per week.

Sorry, but I do not sugar coat things to make folks feel better. Anyone entering this profession or is just considering the HI as a profession should go to this site. http://www.costofbusiness.com

It is very telling once you realize what is involved.

Brian, sorry if I have caused you any grief over the years.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Since I'm from TN I guess this was directed to me, but then I will not do more than 10 inspections a week and I prefer to do only 6-8 per week.

Sorry, but I do not sugar coat things to make folks feel better. Anyone entering this profession or is just considering the HI as a profession should go to this site. http://www.costofbusiness.com

It is very telling once you realize what is involved.

Brian, sorry if I have caused you any grief over the years.
    More than you from TN Scott.

Paul Kondzich
    Ft. Myers, FL.

Brian: Good for you, we don't need that type stuff!
    Good luck on your health

Rolland Pruner

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

I agree Gunnar, I am also a less frequent visitor. It seemed like a few months ago whenever a new Inspector came around certain people from Texas and Tennessee would ask why in Gods name they would choose this business. I understand the schools build you up, but getting shot down your first post got old. All in all, these people who did the shooting down were here at the peak, and at the bottom, so if they dont have 20 Inspections a week the sky is falling. This business can be great, a store front not needed, and a few thousand $ in tools plus obviously a lot of knowledge is needed. That being said, thats the same for any business minus the storefront and hundreds of thousands in equipment. Also the retired person who has picked up where the old AD left off is getting old as well. Thats my 2 cents. Thanks Brian, this is a huge wealth of info. I appreciate people like Jerry P for his knowledge, and hate for "subpanels" and Rick H from Texas on his humor. By the way Rick, are you sure that flashing on your new porch is correct? LOL.

More than you from TN Scott.
    Reported.

Not really sure what needs to be reported from that post HG, but if it makes you feel better, by all means.

Paul Kondzich
    Ft. Myers, FL.

Not really sure what needs to be reported from that post HG, but if it makes you feel better, by all means.

I agree. HG stirs the pot up more than anyone, is rude, arrogant and abusive, and feigns ignorance to his actions.

Report that.

William Brady Guest

I thought that this post was over. However since it has risen up again please let me give some of my experience from maybe 4 years or so on this site. Scott has been always very interested in sharing his business knowledge with us. Maybe once he and I got into something in my early days here. I know now that he was right looking back with lots more experience in our business. I can not say that for some others who prey on new people and try to show them now wrong they are and not in a very helpful way. Whats needed here is not a monitor but some self control or maybe this very important site will stop. The agressive marketing by some members is just awful and not at all helpful.

For full disclousure purposes I am not an ASHI member.

Thanks for letting me share my thoughts with all of you.

This has absolutly,positively nothing to do with Scott. Look to see who brought post back to life.

Paul Kondzich
    Ft. Myers, FL.

As you've since deleted it prior to your post above, apparently you agreed at some level with its inappropriateness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D'Agostino View Post
    I agree. HG stirs the pot up more than anyone, is rude, arrogant and abusive, and feigns ignorance to his actions.

Report that.
    What's the adage, "be careful what you wish for"?

O.K.

What the heck are you referring to?

I'm very careful what I wish for...

Report That....

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D'Agostino View Post
    O.K.

What the heck are you referring to?

I'm very careful what I wish for...

Report That....
    I am referring to the following from Mr. Hannigan (and his original post on this thread) and suggest/remind you to review them again.

Announcement - ** IMPORTANT ** Board Rules Infraction System/Policy : http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...uncements.html

Forum Rules / Registration Agreement :

http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...agreement.html

An end to the rudeness on InspectionNews!:

http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...ctionnews.html

A warning to all from InspectionNews

http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...ctionnews.html

HTH

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Can't see the forest for the trees............

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Darrel Hood Guest

Brian,
    I appreciate your effort to get the IN train back on the track. I hope the medical problems end well for your family.

Thank you,

Darrel Hood
    DILIGENT PROPERTY SERVICES

Mitchell Toelle Guest

Ditto Brian!!!!