Thread: Hi folks:

Vincent Haller Smith Guest

Default Hi folks:

I am new to this site and wow it is greeeaaat at "tony the tiger" would say if he were still around. I have been in the inspection business for some 44 years. Construction inspector, home inspector, utility inspector and insurance inspector. I have supervised inspectors and all that "stuff" throughout the U.S. Have a bunch to say about our profession which I will post as time goes on.

Although I have a degree in engineering, this old man recently earned a Doctor of Law degree. Inspectors, no matter what discipline they practice are vulnerable - we put our reputations on the line daily. There is an old saying; "inspectors are the sidewalk superintendants of the World". Well we are. Remember, when a person offers an opinion, they are open to criticism - first rule of inspections - DOCUMENT EVERYTHING TO THE LAST DETAIL.

I operate a regional firm in the NY area. There is NOT a day that goes by, I don't get flack on a report. O.k. enough said. I look forward to discussing the liability aspect as well as the engineering aspect of the inspection business in general.

Thanks much to this forum and brother/sister inspectors,

Dr. Vincent Haller Smith, JD (Vince)