Lee Peterson Guest

Unhappy Types of tablets being used?

Hi I have been looking over diffent software options for reporting and had some good from the members. Now what models of tablets are being used.
    Thanks again
    Lee

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Types of tablets being used?

IBM (Lenovo) and Fujitsu are the two brands that make the highest quality machines. I've been using a Lenovo for a few years and am very happy with it. Mine is actually just a small laptop though. I had a tablet but never used the "tablet" functionallity. Just having a machine setup on the kitchen counter is plenty fast for me.

I usually go through most of the house before I even pull it out. Some houses I don't even start the report until I leave. It all depends on the house and the situation.

The main advice I'd give you with computers and software is to try a lot of different things and find what works best for you. If you're looking for something that writes a good report for you or that completely writes it as you're inspecting, it doesn't exist. Report writing is a necessary part of this business.

Houses and problems within them are so diverse there's just no machine or pre-written comments that can turn out a quality report without a lot of work in some cases. Luckily, many problems are common and can be pre-written.

Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

The best deal by far right now is the CTL2Go from CTLCorp.com. They have a $499 and $529 model. They were designed by Intel for school kids so they're rugged, water resistant and have a handle. We have several hundred guys using our software that are using them right now and I've received a ton of positive feedback.

Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software & Home Inspection Website Hosting
    Runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad. Import HomeGauge, 3D & InspectVue Narratives!

RANDY NICHOLAS Guest

Question Re: Types of tablets being used?

Types of tablets?????

ADVIL - GEL CAPS

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY NICHOLAS View Post
    Types of tablets?????

ADVIL - GEL CAPS

ammmm

gel caps are not tablets

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Peterson View Post
    Hi I have been looking over diffent software options for reporting and had some good from the members. Now what models of tablets are being used.
    Thanks again
    Lee
    I had changed to a tablet the laptop before the this one I have no. I thought it might come in handy. It turned out to be a time waster at the very least. I never wound up using it after a very short time.

Some folks are happy with touch pad type software and there are a few out there that sell both the hardware and software. I just got an email yesterday from one of the local associations and the invite to the meeting was nothing but adds for anything to do with home inspection including software. That software was with use of a touch pad. Walk to the the next inspection items, drop down a menu and touch away. Now I have never used them but i know some that do and I just did not like the report. I guess you could set it up different so when you down load to the laptop it sets it up different but I just don't know. Most that I have seen using them are company folks. Run thru the home clicking away and then down load and print the report out. Most I have see do not use many pictures. I use quite a few so I guess it would slow that process down a bit. By the time you drop pictures into every section with a notation for each I guess it equals out to similar time frame as not gong that whole PDA/laptop/software thing.

If you want to experiment with tablets, I have both a Motion Computing M1400 and LS800 I would sell, $150 for either.

Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

On Dominic's suggestion, I purchased a CTL a few months ago. A bit heavy, but a really nice little computer. Keys are large enough for me to type on even though it is a netbook size. Good battery life too.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    On Dominic's suggestion, I purchased a CTL a few months ago. A bit heavy, but a really nice little computer. Keys are large enough for me to type on even though it is a netbook size. Good battery life too.
    I'm glad you like it Gunnar. The weight comes from the slightly larger battery, but at around 3 pounds it's not bad. I really like how sturdy it is. I don't feel like I'm carrying around a crystal vase when I'm taking it places like I do with my laptop.

Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software & Home Inspection Website Hosting
    Runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad. Import HomeGauge, 3D & InspectVue Narratives!