Default odd photo for your amusement

From today's condo inspection.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Default Re: odd photo for your amusement

Jet setter.

I had one last week where they had printed out the words I ALWAYS SUCCEED in very large letters and pasted it on every door and mirror in the house. It was kinda strange, they also had a calender with the word food on different days of the week. Looked like they were only budgeted to eat 4 out of 7 days a week Did not appear very successful yet.

If it weren't for lawyers, we would never need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Bombardiere View Post
    I had one last week where they had printed out the words I ALWAYS SUCCEED in very large letters and pasted it on every door and mirror in the house. It was kinda strange, they also had a calender with the word food on different days of the week. ...
    Creepy.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)

Philip Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John Kogel View Post
    Quiz question - We have more or less 3:45, 7:45, 9:45 and 10:45. What countries are they?
    They could be any countries with that time difference between them, but I think it was when his meds were due.

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Default Re: personal property photographed not amused.

I had an "ah-ha" moment, noting the 8 minute 20 sec. offset, confirmed lunar "noon", and am not amused, nor think it to be an amusing topic in general. Embarassed I didn't "see" it sooner, especially considering the time of year.

The four clocks appear to be setup for prayer schedule. The fifth takes place and concludes before dawn, probably uses another means such as an alarm clock to be alerted to that time.

No practical employed purpose or professional reason occurs to me for what would have justified the taking of the photograph, during a home inspection, of an obviously still-occupied residence, of personal property, no defects or hazards, or conditions, no professional reason/motivation to post it as it was done here; I can only imagine a voyeuristic motivation/interests/amusement at the expense of the personal privacy of the homeowner/occupant.

I have thought about this because the idea of this having been posted in the first place, really bothers me, and especially more so since my "ah-ha" moment regarding the "mystery" or thought challenge regarding the time settings. I recall a similar questionable posting from another which included an unredacted display of family photos including young children, in the home of a recently deceased occupant.

When in a persons home one is present as a guest, further as a paid home inspector one is (at least in theory) a professional. A professional inspector invited to make and report on the observable home's condition, not the personal property, not a private detective or a snoop.

I believe the general public, the parties in a real estate transaction, one's client, have a reasonable expectation the personal privacy of the homeowner will be respected, and personal property will similarly be respected, safeguarded, and treated with care and courtesy while the real property is being inspected, photographed and reported with integrity.

There is a certain decorum, honesty and social ethical conduct that should go along with the performance of home inspections.

Last edited by H.G. Watson, Sr.; 08-17-2010 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by H.G. Watson, Sr. View Post
    I had an "ah-ha" moment, noting the 8 minute 20 sec. offset, confirmed lunar "noon", and am not amused, nor think it to be an amusing topic in general. Embarassed I didn't "see" it sooner, especially considering the time of year.

The four clocks appear to be setup for prayer schedule. The fifth takes place and concludes before dawn, probably uses alarm clock to prepare for that one.
    Ramadan, eh? Good one. Although your references to amusement are kinda opaque. Not that I'm encouraging talk about religion. No way, no how.

Default Re: for your consideration....

Although your references to amusement are kinda opaque.
    I have gone back and expanded. Hopefully it will be less "opaque" and more clarified for you now.

"No practical employed purpose or professional reason occurs to me..."

Oh, come on HG, lighten up. It's a pic of four clocks for pete's sake. John did not note an address or anything else about this property, the only thing that we can deduce is that it is in or near Philadelphia. That narrows it down a whole lot.

Man, are you wound too tight or what?

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    "No practical employed purpose or professional reason occurs to me..."

Oh, come on HG, lighten up. It's a pic of four clocks for pete's sake. John did not note an address or anything else about this property, the only thing that we can deduce is that it is in or near Philadelphia. That narrows it down a whole lot.

Man, are you wound too tight or what?
    Thanks, Gunnar. You saved my life. I was about to go throw myself under a bus out of guilt. But I was waiting for the Phillies to BEAT THE GIANTS! WOO-HOO!

The act of taking the unnecessary photo, the posting of it on on the internet, and with its title "odd photo FOR YOUR AMUSEMENT" are violations of trust, the personal privacy of the occupant/owner, the dignity of the occupant/owner, and subject the occupant/owner to ridicule, etc.

Apparently the "lesson" is lost upon you too, Gunnar.

IT WAS WRONG TO DO. It is a violation of a person's PERSONAL privacy to take pictures in their personal home outside of the scope of the professional home inspection, of personal effects, clothing, etc. for NO REASONABLE PURPOSE for which permission was granted. It is further WRONG to publish them on the internet for NO REASONABLE PURPOSE PERTAINING to the home inspection.

There is no proper purpose for this assault upon the dignity and personal privacy of the occupant/owner.

Who cares about the clocks.

What I see a bi-fold closet door which appears to be out of the track and the closet clothes rack may be overloaded.

rick

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

John, go straight to jail. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.00.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Philip Guest

Mr. Watson Sr., you are right. Mr. Watson SR., you are wrong.
    But what I think is Mr. Watson Sr. is giving us a message, and the message is that it is okay to photo some physical defects of a person's home and put it out into the great ether, but do not go into their personal lives. Mr. Watson Sr. has a point. But neither this incidence, nor the other one referred to, which I believe to be the strange configuration of an outlet (what was the outcome of that?) steps over the bounds of decorum. Now when we start posting photos of a 'pleasure room' equipped with chains, whips, and a whole lot of black leather, then we have definitely stepped over the line.