George Russell Guest

Default Trying my hand at video reviews

I'm giving video reviews a try on my facebook and websites. I have already discovered I should shoot indoors and with something prettier than the front door in the background. Look this over and give me your thoughts.

YouTube - Review for George Russell Professional Inspections

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Re: Trying my hand at video reviews

Is that you in the video George?

Nice testimonial but I had a hard time hearing what the client was saying due to wind noise in the microphone.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Nolan Kienitz Guest

George,

What point does that serve? Customers searching for good inspectors and inspections can see that such is a blatant setup ... even though you mean very well as does the client it is such a hype that can turn many folks off. I've checked with many, many folks (some clients and some not) and almost all of them have laughed such videos off.

Again ... I know you mean well as does your client, but bottom line is such (even if professionally produced for good audio/video quality) going to sway a future client?

Now ... that is my input from many years of dealing with public, media, marketing, construction, 20 years of commercial inspections and 7 years of residential inspections.

Just food for thought.

George Russell Guest

That was the client in the video. Hey I'm a newbie and trying new things. Thanks for the input!

Basic photography 101 is get close enough so that you have mostly subject and not mostly background. Basically all we should see is from the waist or shoulders up. Keep the light behind the camera, not behind the person talking. Watch for plants, pillars, etc behind peoples heads that might look like they have a plant growing out of their head.

Already mentioned that most of the sound is lost to background noise. Moving closer and moving indoors will help that.

Some people read all the customer testimonals on a website and make decision based on that feedback. Others discount the testimonals because who is going to put a bad review up about themselves?

For those who want testimonals, a video will help make it personal. For those who discount testimonals, it will not make any difference.

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

Tom Roon Guest

So we're to believe that like a video, an inspectors web sight is a blatant set-up as well. Some huffing and puffing is done in any medium for marketing.

I think this might be worth a try (after a little more practice with positioning and sound), along with others on your web site. Just having this on YouTube probably won't do any good. Good first effort. Go for it.

Mitchell Toelle Guest

Certainly having vids posted anywhere on the WWW may help direct people back to your site, which will be your first promo for the business. Ditto with most of the previous posters comments. In addition, use a tripod, and an extention or plug-in directional mic with a wind screen. Changing the format from client just standing there to a walking and talking testimonial will make it more interesting for the viewer. Maybe even showing some of the more notable conditions as you're walking would be helpful. Also, you need to give your location and phone number in the video, maybe in a static text or scrolling...but somewhere.

George Russell Guest

Thanks Mitchell I have been thinking along those lines. Maybe a shot of a text board with website and phone #. I haven't made up my mind yet. Over 130 views in less than a week.

Hi, ALL &

Sorry, but you "asked for it" --> if you really have to ask, you'd best get a Pro to do your Videos & just stick to what you do best...

I'm not good at lip-reading. Except for your initial 'hint', as to the subject, I might've thought he was selling cars or something ???

Completer "turn-off", to be blunt...

CHEERS !

-Glenn Duxbury, CHI

One major problem with this--- if you take pictures or videos of the interior of an occupied home and someone breaks into the house because of what you showed in the photos or video ( antique furniture, electronics, whatever) you are in deep do-do. Has happened. I only take photos of a condition , not any random photos that show any features.