Scott Lee Guest

Default Termite treatment

Is there a need for a termite treatment for a home with cmu exterior walls? It has wood interior walls.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Termite treatment

Absolutely.

Paul Kondzich
    Ft. Myers, FL.

Being that your in Georgia, the more of the reason to do so.

Scott Lee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Being that your in Georgia, the more of the reason to do so.

i agree, i've got a HO who is telling me there is no need for it. I think he's asking for problems. I cant find anything in the code book that references masonry contruction.

chris mcintyre Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Lee View Post
    i agree, i've got a HO who is telling me there is no need for it. I think he's asking for problems. I cant find anything in the code book that references masonry contruction.

Call the local building inspection/codes department, they will be able to tell you what is required....and I am sure it is required.

Need it. The smallest imperfection, crack, void or breach in the envelope provides access to termites.

Termite tunnel up side of wall to reach a window or other break in the supposedly solid envelope has never been seen so why have treated in a state that has only lazy termites.

Forest Gump "Stupid is as stupid does."

Jeff Ledford Guest

The lender involved would be the deciding factor in whether it is "required", however, if there is any evidence of any termite activity, treatment would be a good idea.

Ted Menelly Guest

I did an inspection a while ago on a metal framed home. There was a WDI done on the home with conducive conditions all around the home. When the lender balked the Realtor told the lender that it was a metal framed home and it was not necessary. The lender agreed, put it in his report and they wound up financing the home even with the stipulation that a termite report was necessary.

Go figure

william siegel Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Lee View Post
    Is there a need for a termite treatment for a home with cmu exterior walls? It has wood interior walls.
    Depends who you ask. The reator doesnt care (wants commission). The mortgage company doesnt care (wants commission and will sell the note anyway).

Some houses get termites, other never do. Here in SE Florida all the home are supossed to be pre-treated for subterranean termites. Most of those treatements were done imporperly. Most people are not pro-active and will not treat until there is a visible problem.