Default Re: Another Home Buyer Tax Credit?

Nah, it slowed down because a lot of the people who would have been buying a house now, instead hurried their purchase to get in on the tax credit. That's why there was a great March, April & May. That's also why there ain't such a good July, August & September.

Remember, they're from the guvmint and they is here to help us!

-

Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections

Ted Menelly Guest

March, April and May are always good months or should I say better than the months the rest of the year.

I am getting more calls than the beginning of August but every man that calls me has to talk to his wife about it (I am still calling around for prices). I guess everyone already started marketing down their prices. I have put out a coupon for marketing but I guess that coupon is not buying down the inspection cost compared to others.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

I'm convinced that's why things remained dead for a while after the cutoff. People were waiting to hear if they could get another handout. Sit on the sidelines and wait for word of an extension. The same thing happened when the 1st round of tax credits expired in October on 2009. Once it kicked in again in early 2010, suddenly people wanted to buy houses in the dead of winter.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    I am getting more calls than the beginning of August but every man that calls me has to talk to his wife about it (I am still calling around for prices).
    Ted, tell these callers to hand in their man card.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Wow... this the first time I can ever remember being busier than you Texas folks. I had a great August and so far September is the same. Not that it's anything compared to the "old days" but I'm working A LOT more than in June and July.

Prices have dropped a considerable amount in my area and I'm finally seeing investors re-entering. For awhile there the only houses I did were estate sales, people moving for work or people with a baby on the way.