Ian Currie Guest

Default How do You Insert Multiple Quotes into One Reply

I can quote one reply when responding to a post but I can't figure out how to insert multiple quotes.

How do I do this?

Thanks!

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: How do You Insert Multiple Quotes into One Reply

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Currie View Post
    I can quote one reply when responding to a post but I can't figure out how to insert multiple quotes.

How do I do this?

Thanks!

Just add the HTML code manually. Click the icon above the text entry box (last one on right below the arrow) to add quoted text. I would type it here, but then the text would be converted to a quote.

Dom.

Ian Currie Guest

Just add the HTML code manually.
    Click the icon above the text entry box (last one on right below the arrow) to add quoted text.
    I would type it here, but then the text would be converted to a quote.

Just testing the quote button.

Ian Currie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D'Agostino View Post
    Just add the HTML code manually.
    Dom.
    Click the icon above the text entry box (last one on right below the arrow) to add quoted text.
    Dom.
    I would type it here, but then the text would be converted to a quote.

Dom.
    Another test, thanks.

Another variation to the Quote feature is the Quote+ located next to the Quote button on each post. Click on the Quote+ and it turns red. Now, it's standing by ready to be included with any other quotes you choose to add to your Reply.

For instance. I want to address Dom's and Ian's statements, both. Click Dom's Quote+ button and it turns red indicating it will be used. On Ian's last post (or any of his other posts you would like to respond to), click the Quote button and voila, both quotes appear in the reply composition box. That Brian's a smart guy!

Don't forget to go back and un-click the Quote+ button or it will include that text in any other replies with Quotes that you add to the thread no matter how far down the line.

Last edited by Bob Knauff; 09-02-2010 at 04:20 PM.
    Beacon Inspection Services
    Proudly Serving the Greater Henderson and Las Vegas Valley Area in Southern Nevada!
    Like Beacon On Facebook

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Ian Currie,

If you are already logged in when you select a thread to view, AND when you navigated to that topic thread page you allowed scripts and active X to load, you will note three "buttons" or links at the bottom right corner of each post that will function properly. They are "Report" "Quote" and another "Quote". If you are not logged in you will only see one "quote" link/button. If you have not permitted scripts AND active X to load, both quote buttons will function like a singluar quote post button and initiate a reply post dialogue box.

When you are viewing logged in, the middle quote button will quote only that particular post, as it brings up the reply compose box.

If you have allowed active X and scripts to load, the right most "quote" link/box/button WILL perform the "multi quote" function for you. It will when you mouse click on it, turn redish, if you click a second time, it will "undo" the quote. Move on to the next post you wish to quote, click the multi quote button, watch it turn color, then navigate to the end of the topic string and locate the large "reply" button at the bottom left of the last post, click on that, it will open a dialogue box with all of the posts youu clicked the multi quote button on inserted, in the order you highlighted them. If you click a multi quote box on another topic thread before you went to the thread you wanted to post on and quote a few as well, it will prompt you with a pop up box advising you that you have marked some quotes from other posts and asking if you wish to quote them as well, answer accordingly as to your wishes.

Hope that helps, if I didn't explain it completely, or if you have questions feel free to ask.

Ian Currie Guest

Thanks everyone.

I think I've got it now.

Gabe S Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Currie View Post

Testing

How do I do this?

Testing

Thanks!
    Testing

Gabe S Guest

How do you split them up after pressing quote+?

Gabe S Guest

What are active X and scripts and how do you activate them?