Default Little Known Feature of This Board

Want to quote more than one person in your reply without having to do the HTML in the background? A variation to the Quote feature is the Quote+ located next to the Quote button on each post. Click on the Quote+ and it turns red. Now, it's standing by ready to be included with any other quotes you choose to add to your Reply.

For instance. I want to address Dom's and Ian's statements, both. Click Dom's Quote+ button and it turns red indicating it will be used. On Ian's last post (or any of his other posts you would like to respond to), click the Quote button and voila, both quotes appear in the reply composition box. Click on as many Quote+'s as you like and they all will be added.

That Brian's a smart guy!

Don't forget to go back and un-click the Quote+ button or it will include that text in any other replies with Quotes that you add to the thread no matter how far down the line.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral
    Beacon Inspection Services
    Proudly Serving the Greater Henderson and Las Vegas Valley Area in Southern Nevada!
    Like Beacon On Facebook

Default Re: Little Known Feature of This Board

I personally don't understand the whole quote someone all the time anyway. Guys will quote someone and the post their quoting is right there above. Why the need is beyond me?

Call me retard I guess.

rick

Or, when it's the second post on a thread and they quote the first....

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post

Call me retard I guess.

rick
    Rick, please. "Intellectually challenged".

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

I personally don't understand the whole quote someone all the time anyway. Guys will quote someone and the post their quoting is right there above. Why the need is beyond me?

Actually, I've seen it come in handy at times. There's been a couple of times when a member has been booted, and all of his/ her posts have been removed. At least some of the responses were saved when someone else quoted him/ her. For someone going back and re- reading the archives, missing posts can make things difficult to understand.

Also, some people go back and change their posts, which can change the answer given.

Call me retard I guess.

rick
    Thats funny Rick, I haven't heard that term used in awhile you know since we got all politically correct

Quote Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post
    Rick, please. "Intellectually challenged".
    Or is it mentally challenged?

They say that three out of four Americans have a mental illness of some kind. Look at three of your friends. If they seem okay,then you're that person.

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

They say that three out of four Americans have a mental illness of some kind. Look at three of your friends. If they seem okay,then you're that person.

Huh??

One out of four, perhaps???

Three are okay.....Hmmmm. Set-up and math just isn't computing on this end.

BTW, just "who" are "they" anyway?

We know what you mean, one in four. For Canadians, it's about 30%, judging from my clients.
    If I make 99% of them happy, that's exceptional good work.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Call me retard I guess.

rick
    Can I quote you on that? I don't expect to be retard for another 10 years or so.

The one I see here a lot, somebody quotes a post in full, 7 or 8 paragraphs of rant, plus all the cut and pasted items in full. Then he adds his 2 bits worth, a one-liner like "Right on, dude!"

All that wasted bandwidth space costs Brian money. I think, but don't quote me.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca