Mike Amdurer Guest

Default FEMA post-disaster housing inspectors wanted

Shaw (The Shaw Group Inc.), a FEMA contractor, is looking for inspectors who have significant experience inspecting damaged housing following FEMA-declared disasters, and are interested in "on-call" opportunities for assignments of varying durations throughout the US. If you are interested, please go to our careers website: https://www1.apply2jobs.com/shawgrp/...earchInterface
    and enter EI7846 in the Requisition Number box.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: FEMA post-disaster housing inspectors wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Amdurer View Post
    Shaw (The Shaw Group Inc.), a FEMA contractor, is looking for inspectors who have significant experience inspecting damaged housing following FEMA-declared disasters, and are interested in "on-call" opportunities for assignments of varying durations throughout the US. If you are interested, please go to our careers website: https://www1.apply2jobs.com/shawgrp/...earchInterface
    and enter EI7846 in the Requisition Number box.
    So we have a new player? PaRR and PB and now these guys? Starting to cut that pie pretty slim.

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Bostick View Post
    So we have a new player? PaRR and PB and now these guys? Starting to cut that pie pretty slim.
    Dana,

FEMA will be bidding new contracts soon. Since 1995 they have awarded contracts to two contractors (PaRR and PB) for 5-year terms. Rumor has it FEMA may award more than two contracts for the next term, which means there could be more than two contractors. This "new player" apparently wants to be that third or fourth contractor. Wait and see.

"Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Breedlove View Post
    Dana,

FEMA will be bidding new contracts soon. Since 1995 they have awarded contracts to two contractors (PaRR and PB) for 5-year terms. Rumor has it FEMA may award more than two contracts for the next term, which means there could be more than two contractors. This "new player" apparently wants to be that third or fourth contractor. Wait and see.
    I suppose more competition is a good thing. I've worked with PaRR before, I was registered with both but never worked with PB. The biggest issue is dealing with FEMA itself. Pretty crazy at times. I chose not to deploy the last time they called.

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Bostick View Post
    The biggest issue is dealing with FEMA itself. Pretty crazy at times.
    Amen.

I got a call yesterday from PB asking if I am available to go on standby for the HUGE winter storm that affected the Mid-West and parts east.

edit

Just got an e-mail telling us to stand down.

Last edited by Bruce Breedlove; 02-10-2011 at 03:24 PM. Reason: update
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com