Mitchell Toelle Guest

Default New stove on the market- deinitely not testing this one

Here's a new stove concept. I usually test built-in appliances, when I have determined them to be safe first...but I will definitely not be testing this one.

YouTube - The William

Hope the link works. It's really a remarkable unit.

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: New stove on the market- deinitely not testing this one

i just had a neat stove top in where else Boulder co.--tried testing the top burners and nothing---then found manuel and it said burner will not turn on unless a pot is putting pressure on. it boiled water in sixty seconds. finally the JETSONS have arrived home

chas

Mitchell Toelle Guest

Charie,

That sounds like a magnetic induction cooktop. Those have been around for a couple of decades. They require a certain type of metal pot or pan. Installed a few back in the 80's during remodels. I wonder if this new top posted will need specialized cookware.

Also, there is the electric coil type top with the little button in the middle that is depressed by the cookware (any type), but I'm sure you are not talking about that kind.

MITCH

that was the name of the gadget--first one i have seen. guess i need to get out in the rich world more

chas

That's a pretty cool stove top. No sure about the looks though.

I had a home several years back that had a real stone pizza oven in it. It was imported from Italy and if I recall the price tag on it was around $10,000. The instructions said that it takes about 45min for the over to pre-heat to the proper temp, I did not test that critter. This was a custom new construction home that a local restaurateur had built.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Certainly is interesting. I noticed how deep the unit is - right up to the back wall. Wondering what the installation requirements are (does the adjoining wall and substrate require non-combustible materials) I tried to look up the manufacturer but came up empty handed. Right now it seems to be a phantom product.

Eric Barker, ACI
    Lake Barrington, IL

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Barker View Post
    Certainly is interesting. I noticed how deep the unit is - right up to the back wall. Wondering what the installation requirements are (does the adjoining wall and substrate require non-combustible materials) I tried to look up the manufacturer but came up empty handed. Right now it seems to be a phantom product.
    It looks like whoever it is might be testing the waters or planting a few seeds to peak consumers interest in the product. It really is a great concept for a cooktop.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Mitchell Toelle Guest

Quote Originally Posted by James Risley View Post
    It appears from the pics that the size, number of pans, pots, griddles can be adjusted by shape and number by setting the number of (hexagon?) and the locations that each pan will need.
    Actually, if you watch the video closely it shows that the pattern and number of elements used is determined when you put the cookware on the surface and you don't have to set shape and location.