Default Condensation under condenser

Havent seen this yet. I can only assume that this is condensation. It was over 100 degrees w/25% RH and no water (sprinkers etc...) anywhere near this unit while it was running. Units a newer 13 seer if it matters.
    Thanks

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Condensation under condenser

Nope.
    You might get a little condensation on the suction line and even on the compressor shell but at 25% humidity on a 100 degree day even that is doubtful.
    I would be looking for a different source.
    Where did the condensate line from the indoor coil terminate?

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

David Bell Guest

Plastic condenser pads sometimes have a foam interior that can hold water like a sponge. Others are molded with chambers which may retain rain water for a period of time.

Last edited by David Bell; 09-07-2010 at 04:05 AM.

I see this often on the high SEER condensers, even in brand new construction. The inside of the condensing unit is wet from the condensation, and it drips on the pad. (Concrete pads) and it's not the condensate drain. We have very high humidity, of course.

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Functionallity complaint? If that isn't condensate port nearer the corner wall, looks like soft copper, poss. old refrigerant line; would suspect ice up, possibly having been remediated temporarily due to utility power cycling. Unit location appears restricted (airflow) due to location (three sides). Lines & insl. don't appear that new. Could be clog, under/over charged refrigerant, airflow restrictions, combination of all three, and/or other contributing factors.

This was a new installation on a plastic pad. it was just weird. The condensate drain terminated on the other side of the house. The refer lines were not dripping either.