Liz Nie Guest

Default Relationship of contract and subcontract

Dear All,

I am a new one here. I received a contract from our client, but I do not understand the following sentence. If there is anybody understand, please tell me, thanks.

Neither Party hereto nor any of their respective employees shall be or act as the agent or the representative of the other Party hereto, and nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed as constituting or implying that either Party shall be an agent or representative of the other Party.

We need to represent the client for the inspection, but if we can not as the representative of the client, how can we process the inspection .

Liz Nie

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Relationship of contract and subcontract

Seeing that you are in China, well... who knows
    But this is what I think.
    Sounds like a relo company.
    "Neither Party hereto nor any of their respective employees shall be or act as the agent or the representative of the other Party hereto, and nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed as constituting or implying that either Party shall be an agent or representative of the other Party"

You and/ or your employees cannot/ do not speak for or enter into negotiation or contracts for the client (other party).
    The other party (the client) cannot/ do not speak for or enter into negotiations or contracts for you.

"We need to represent the client for the inspection, but if we can not as the representative of the client, how can we process the inspection "

The same as you always have, as a contractor the client has hired.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Liz Nie Guest

Default Re: Relationship of contract and subcontract

Dear Rick,

Thanks for your help of this question! Yes, I am in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post
    Seeing that you are in China, well... who knows
    But this is what I think.
    Sounds like a relo company.
    "Neither Party hereto nor any of their respective employees shall be or act as the agent or the representative of the other Party hereto, and nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed as constituting or implying that either Party shall be an agent or representative of the other Party"

You and/ or your employees cannot/ do not speak for or enter into negotiation or contracts for the client (other party).
    The other party (the client) cannot/ do not speak for or enter into negotiations or contracts for you.

"We need to represent the client for the inspection, but if we can not as the representative of the client, how can we process the inspection "

The same as you always have, as a contractor the client has hired.