Thread: evap coil

Ted Menelly Guest

Default evap coil

This is one I had to share. This for me is about the dirtiest evap coil I have found. Almost zero air flow. The Realtor is PO saying there is nothing wrong with the system that she knows trhe sellers personally and they have the system serviced and cleaned every six months.............saying that even after seeing the picture.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: evap coil

i hope you put some on her sandwich if it's so good

Realtors sometime think changing the filter is servicing the equipment.

imported_John Smith Guest

They probably did pay to get the unit serviced. BUT, some unscrupulous techs will act like they are doing work but not actually do anything. I remember one job in particular where the "tech" said he added _ _ pounds of refrigerant to the system. Funny thing was, I was ~5 minutes behind him and in this particular house, the condensing unit was in a locked cage due to metal thefts in the area. When I asked the homeowner for the key to the cage, he indicated he lost it last year and would be glad to cut the lock off for me with bolt cutters.

There was absolutely no way the tech could get to that unit to add refrigerant based on the way the cage was designed.

Likely came out of the attic in the house you are describing looking like he did before he said he went into it. Not a drip of sweat and clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    The Realtor is PO...........saying that even after seeing the picture.
    Mr. Menelly,

Your Picture is over exposed , combined with Improper Flash usage creates The Illusion of Deferred Maintenance.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    Mr. Menelly,

Your Picture is over exposed , combined with Improper Flash usage creates The Illusion of Deferred Maintenance.
    Darn it....is that what that is. I guess I will have to tone down that darn flash.

Actually there were two units and the outside of the units and the blowers were just as bad as well as thew AC condensers. These units have not even been looked at for years. One thing they had done was replace the gray poly covered duct work. I guess they were trying to combat about zero air flow.