Thread: hello

john w tichnor Guest

Question hello

hello ladies and gentelman my name is john and i am new to this board i am a student member of i.c.c. and i am trying to learn the ropes of becoming a building offical and could use all the help i can get. i have an education from mesa college in san diego and experience in the trades i would realy like to have a mentor to help me with all the dum quetions i have so if anyone would be willing to take me under thier wing i would be gratfull thank you ca johnny

Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: hello

Welcome John,

Join in when you can.

Ask away there are lots of knowledgeable contributors here.
    * Great Learning Site.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

john w tichnor Guest

Question Re: hello

thank you i guess my first question would be were do i start

Quote Originally Posted by john w tichnor View Post
    hello ladies and gentleman my name is john and i am new to this board i am a student member of i.c.c. and i am trying to learn the ropes of becoming a building official
    Quote Originally Posted by john w tichnor View Post
    thank you i guess my first question would be were do i start
    Might want to contact your locale Building Department and find out the qualifications required in the area of your interest.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Mitchell Toelle Guest

You may not make it John, with such poor spelling in your posts. Try starting there...then move on to more directed training like a codes class at the college. Keep looking here for interesting posts. These guys can help quite abit. Pickup a series of code checks. Learn something about foundations (you did not mention which trades you were familiar with), framing, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, familiarize yourself with all things noted in IRC (especially California if that is were you are going to seek employment). Take a class or two regarding Architecture and drafting, perhaps plan reading. Interview some good project managers or superintendents. Better yet, get a job as a superintendent then move to project manager. After several years you should be pretty well prepared to start learning something.

john w tichnor Guest

Smile Re: thank you

thank you for the spelling tip as far as my education i have a a.s. in building construction tech inspection from mesa college san diego i also have trade expeirence in slab on grade ,framing,plumbing ,electrical,roofing as well as managment please dont get me wrong i know i have a lot to learn and that is why i am here. i want to learn from the pros in the biz