Mitchell Toelle Guest

Default New "FREE" PDF software: for all inspectors

Although I have not tried this as yet it looks so very promising. I have used 2 other free PDF printing programs and Adobe Pro for years now. I am going to try this. It promises to be more secure than Adobe and offers so many functions that are more difficult in Adobe (allows for your signature insertion electronically...pretty cool). Definitely worth looking at for Inspectors searching for more flexible PDF creation for free.

And NO, I am not paid for links or affiliated in any way with its distribution. Just found this software and wanted to share with IN members.

Here's the web site for info and "Free" download and use. No registration needed or pop-ups: Nitro PDF Reader — The PDF Reader, Reimagined

Here's 1 YouTube video about it with more YouTube links to the right: YouTube - Nitro PDF Reader: The PDF reader, reimagined.!

Good luck and hope this helps someone.

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: New "FREE" PDF software: for all inspectors

There are several programs out there, some free, others that are very inexpensive.

I have been using PrimoPDF PDF converter (http://www.primopdf.com]) for quite a while, and have been extremely happy with this little program. It is extremely easy to use, lightweight, and it's Free (premium versions are available for a fee.

The problem with PrimoPDF is file size: my typical report is around 7MB if printed from from PrimoPDF, but only around 1.5MB when printed from PDFFactory:

FinePrint Software

Last edited by Michael Thomas; 09-15-2010 at 01:33 PM.
    Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

I prefer Primo PDF because it is the easiest and fastest with ability to drag and drop files into it on your desk top.

James Duffin Guest

I'm a fan of PDFCreator....it's free and easy to use.

PDFCreator | Download PDFCreator software for free at SourceForge.net

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Elliott View Post
    I prefer Primo PDF because it is the easiest and fastest with ability to drag and drop files into it on your desk top.

The other thing I like about PrimoPDF is that you can password protect the file you are turning into a PDF. Not totally secure but enough to help keep pesky Realtors from making changes.

Robert Sole
    REM Inspections LLC
    www.REMinspections.com, Orlando, Oviedo