Thread: "A-Meri-Can"

Ron Bibler Guest

Default "A-Meri-Can"

FYI..."I met a guy today who was a retired employee of American Standard. The house I inspected had an American Standard HVAC system and toilets. He told me to look at the American Standard logo and tell him what I saw. I had no clue, so he broke it down for me The company, originally manufacturing just plumbing components, put breaks in the word American so that it would read, "A Meri Can" (obviously for their toilet division). He said that it was an inside company joke and that the breaks in the word Standard had no meaning. Now I will be forever plagued with never being able to look at that logo in the same way."

(American Standard )

Got this off the net...

Best

Ron

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Ron Bibler; 09-25-2010 at 12:09 PM.
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: "A-Meri-Can"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    FYI..."I met a guy today who was a retired employee of American Standard. The house I inspected had an American Standard HVAC system and toilets. He told me to look at the American Standard logo and tell him what I saw. I had no clue, so he broke it down for me (see picture below) The company, originally manufacturing just plumbing components, put breaks in the word American so that it would read, "A Meri Can" (obviously for their toilet division). He said that it was an inside company joke and that the breaks in the word Standard had no meaning. Now I will be forever plagued with never being able to look at that logo in the same way."

Got this off the net...

Best

Ron
    No attachment