Thread: What is this??

Tony Escamilla Guest

Default What is this??

Okay, I've been doing this for some time now, but I have yet to come across this. It's installed between the shut off valves under a kitchen sink and the supply lines leading to the faucet. It looks like a pump with a timer.

Does anyone know what it is and what it does?

Thanks.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: What is this??

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Escamilla View Post
    Okay, I've been doing this for some time now, but I have yet to come across this. It's installed between the shut off valves under a kitchen sink and the supply lines leading to the faucet. It looks like a pump with a timer.

Does anyone know what it is and what it does?

Thanks.
    Different setup than what I see but basically circulates the hot supply back on the cold side so the fixture will have instant hot water when the timer is active. This was installed later on, the systems installed during construction have a dedicated return line.

Bruce King, B.A. King Home Inspections, LLC
    www.BAKingHomeInspections.com
    Certified Master Inspector, Independent Inspectorwww.IndependentInspectors.org

Tony Escamilla Guest

Thanks for the info Bruce. I've never seen one of these in So Cal. Why would it be on a timer for instant hot water? Do you know a brand name or what the part is called so I can look it up?

Thanks again.

It's on a timer to provide you with near-instant hot water for the times during the day that you use that faucet.

Here is a similar unit.

Tony Escamilla Guest

Dom,

Thanks for the info. It's exactly what I was looking for.

Does it even matter? There is so much fail going on with that setup they're going to need a competent plumber to remediate anyway.