Default Beware Dallas / Ft. Worth Inspectors

Heads up to everyone in the area.

There is a female by the name C. Hill who is booking a number of Home Inspections and then not making good on payment. She is a scammer.

She is a scammer per a conversation with a realtor I've been contacted by. This agent says this person is contact realtors to show her houses and then is asking the agent to write the contract up over dinner (at the agent's expense).

Per this agent, this female has already burned several inspectors by giving false credit card information or bad checks.

She contacted me yesterday and wanted 3 inspections which one is a 8000 sq.ft. home. Glad I was contacted and made aware of this situation before I wasted any time.

Rick

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Beware Dallas / Ft. Worth Inspectors

Thanks for the heads up, Rick. Any idea what the scammer stands to gain out of the deal? I doubt she is really going to use the reports... Just trying to follow the money.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

They tend to think she is casing the homes for possible burglary to be performed by another party. She is using the HI reports as a reason to back out of the deals, but then stiffs everyone involved for payment.

She is said to flash around a pre-approved letter from some bogus lender for up to a million in financing. The letter is a fake also.

rick

I hope they have alerted the cops.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

We had one a couple years back where a scammer had befriended someone into a relationship, opened a joint checking account and proceeded to buy a house together. Right after the inspection when the account was full with the ernest money and inspection money the scammer (fake name and all) cleaned out the account and left town.

All the checks bounced of course..... we lost $400 on the inspection, the sellers lost a buyer (or what they thought was a buyer), sewer scope guy lost $125, realtor lost a sale.

We really didn't have the heart to go after the scorned one who remained.... besides which she had nothing so it seemed pretty pointless. I just chalked it up to the cost of doing business.

It's actually a pretty crafty scheme for someone with absolutely no remorse.... and who likes to move a lot and sleep with one eye opened.