Thread: Call the police

Ron Bibler Guest

Default Call the police

Would you recommend your client check with the police if you found sings of window damage from what looks like a break-in ?

This same window had burn marks on the out side.

Best

Ron

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Call the police

Looks more like an amateur replaced the glass to me. Torch is typically used to get the old window out which may account for the burn marks. The plastic trim broken in those areas does not look like it would help gain access unless they were trying to get the glass out of the frame.
    What good would it do for the buyer to call the police?
    I might bring it up to the client but other than that it would not alarm me.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Ron Bibler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    What good would it do for the buyer to call the police? I might bring it up to the client but other than that it would not alarm me.
    That what I was thinking. Thanks Jim...

Best

Ron

Or it could be the Manson family starting up again and looking to get into a new place.

Ron, you left your fingerprints all over those windowframes. I don't recommend calling the cops in at this point.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

John has a good point, Ron.

Plus that we all have to photo's now for evidence.

rick

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

If you call the cops, they're only going to see what you see.....dings on the door and a burn mark. For all anyone knows, it could have been some kids screwing around. The cops would want to know if you saw somebody do it. Without real monetary damage or a visual on somebody seen trying to break in, there isn't much to report there aside from what you might mention to the client and put in your report.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Don Burbach Guest

Most of the time when I see a damaged window or screen, I think that the cause was a kid or resident who forgot their key.......... or maybe a Home Inspector whose wife locked him out of the house!

On the other hand, I've entered a house or two for an inspection where a window was the only way to get in. I had one case where I boosted an agent through a bathroom window for an early morning inspection because the lockbox wasn't set to open until later.

In most of our local cities here in Northern CA, the police won't even come out unless there is a crime taking place when they get the call.

Sam Sloane Guest

Call the cops based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    Would you recommend your client check with the police if you found sings of window damage from what looks like a break-in ?

This same window had burn marks on the out side.

Best

Ron
    I would ask if someone had tried to fix the window or to ask the relevant questions without alarming the client.

Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”