Default ladder leveling wedge

Anyone have experience with the ladder leveling item shown at the bottom of this web page?

Dicke Laddermate

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Re: ladder leveling wedge

No experience with that product John but I do have ladder leveling feet installed on my ladder. I don't need to use them often but when the need arises, they are well worth it. I'll see if I can find them and post a link.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

These are pretty much the same ones I have on my ladder.

Werner Ladders Levelers with Shoe #80-2

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    No experience with that product John but I do have ladder leveling feet installed on my ladder. I don't need to use them often but when the need arises, they are well worth it. I'll see if I can find them and post a link.
    Nick- Thanks. I've used those kind as well. The thing I think I like about the "wedge" is that it doesn't make the ladder any heavier or more awkward to handle. Plus, it can be used with other ladders.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

I use these these - you only need to buy one set of levelers as they quick connect to any ladder on which you have installed the mounts, also you don't have to deal with the additional weight unless you need to attach the levelers for a given roof.

Ladder Leveler (KeyLok® Quick Connect Style) Full Kit

Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

Those look neat and easier to use than the leveler kit sold specifically for and by Little Giant.

I have the Little Giant Leveler. Seems it is always on the wrong leg and I have to switch it.

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

I had to use the ladder mate when I used to work for the phone company, that strap works great. That doesn't really help using a ladder getting up on a roof though!!
    I saw the wedge and got to try it in climbing school. Works pretty well, and it is nice that you only need to bring it out when you need it. Too bad for me our tool room guy wouldn't order more of them when I got to my garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Thomas View Post
    I use these these - you only need to buy one set of levelers as they quick connect to any ladder on which you have installed the mounts, also you don't have to deal with the additional weight unless you need to attach the levelers for a given roof.

Ladder Leveler (KeyLok® Quick Connect Style) Full Kit
    I also use this product. One sliding foot and 2 tracks. A little less weight. Easy to switch from one leg to the other.

The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA