Default ASTM E2112, Standard Practice for Installation of Exterior Windows,Doors....

ASTM E2112, Standard Practice for Installation of Exterior Windows,Doors and Skylights

I just spent about 10 minutes searching for this document with no luck...anybody have a source or copy of this they could share?

Thanks

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: ASTM E2112, Standard Practice for Installation of Exterior Windows,Doors....

I figure you are trying to get it without paying the fee, good luck. But just in case you are willing to purchase it look here: ASTM E2112 -07 Standard Practice for Installation of Exterior Windows, Doors and Skylights

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Default Re: ASTM E2112, Standard Practice for Installation of Exterior Windows,Doors....

Google this:

.pdf Standard Practice for Installation of Exterior Windows,Doors and Skylights

Then look at the URL's (in green) and click on the ones with a .pdf at the end

This one is based on the ASTM doc and may have all that you need:

pro.milgard.com/_doc/products/installation/pdf/aama-2410-03.pdf

Bruce King, B.A. King Home Inspections, LLC
    www.BAKingHomeInspections.com
    Certified Master Inspector, Independent Inspectorwww.IndependentInspectors.org

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I was hoping to find it online for free somewhere. I had looked through the first 10 pages of google searching for it with no luck.

I want to get a look at it because I've had a run on poorly installed windows lately and tomorrows inspection is a new house with vinyl siding. I have the good fortune of never having had to work with vinyl in my long carpentry career and my knowledge base is a little light on that fine cladding material. I was studying the Vinyl Siding Institutes Installation Manual and they reference the ASTM document for new construction.

Flashing New Window Installations
    If installing both a new window and
    flashing, refer to window manufacturer’s
    instructions and ASTM E2112, Standard
    Practice for Installation of Exterior Windows,
    Doors and Skylights
    for the proper flashing
    installation method for the window type and
    wall configuration on the project.

I was trying to determine if in new construction with properly installed windows and vinyl siding would any flashing be visible in addition to the J channel along the head of the windows.

Can anyone educate me on this?

ASTM E 2112-01

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Thank you Jerry....