Question Low Voltage Wiring concerns

Just curious if the inspection world identifies Low Voltage wiring during a typical inspection process and if so what specifically is said (written). In addition, what would be some documented or obvious negative conditions to look for in helping the client understand what they are purchasing when it comes to the overall electrical system....Any help of advice is always greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Low Voltage Wiring concerns

I note the presence of low voltage components in my general conditions section. Usually it's interior or exterior lighting for the most part. I look for the transformers, they are buried in some interesting places sometimes, and check the line voltage connection. Do they work, is the transf buzzing, is it properly located/installed, etc.
    I note the potential replacement costs and possibilities. Depending on type and quality I let the client know some of the other typical info.
    Low voltage wiring for hvac, controllers or door bells either works or it doesn't. Is that what you are looking for?

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

Ricky Wells Guest

Default Re: Low Voltage Wiring concerns

Here are some one liners that I use in my reports.

Outdoor lighting was noted at the time of the Inspection but is not included as part of the Inspection.

Alarm System was noted at the time of the Inspection but is not included as part of the Inspection.

Sound System was noted at the time of the Inspection but is not included as part of the Inspection.

Intercomm System was noted at the time of the Inspection but is not included as part of the Inspection.