Nick J. Alati Guest

Default Altisource Portfolio Solutions

Altisource Portfolio Solutions emailed me today looking to fill me open Calender with REO Inspections. Anyone worked with them?

Anyone?

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Altisource Portfolio Solutions

Never heard of them. I'd be cautious. I would do a corporate records and license search in your state. I have heard of various middle man agencies popping up. From what I have heard from discussions, they essentially act as brokers between the flatfoots (inspectors, appraisers, etc) and banks or RE outfits. Getting paid may be difficult. If they are a reputable outfit, you should have a good amount of work.

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

Quote Originally Posted by Nick J. Alati View Post
    Altisource Portfolio Solutions emailed me today looking to fill me open Calender with REO Inspections. Anyone worked with them?

Anyone?
    They are on NASDAQ.
    Go for it and remember to add for travel.

Nick J. Alati Guest

Well thank you Markus and thank you Bob!

I do agree that there are a hole lot of Get rich Middle men out there and if I do decide to proceed and perform inspections for them (CYA or should I say C My A) I will post my luck to share with our Community.

This company charges its vendors(home inspectors) to be placed on their list. Third line down on the vendor information page says "Have your credit card ready",
    I don't think so!

Rule 2.3.21.45 of home inspector survival: Never pay to get business!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Nick J. Alati Guest

good advice Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    This company charges its vendors(home inspectors) to be placed on their list. Third line down on the vendor information page says "Have your credit card ready",
    I don't think so!

Wow!
    You are not kidding.
    A 100 page registration guide and $50 a year fee to be a Inspection Provider.
    Run Nick Run.

Any time an employer wants money from you I call it a scam.

Terrance Neville Guest

Default Re: Altisource Portfolio Solutions (STOP PAYMENTS)

I have been working with them for about 3 months now and I haven't been paid in 3 weeks. They are telling me it is a glitch in the system becasue of a technical issue between Ocwen and Wells Fargo. Are they merging? I am registered as a contractor and have had steady work ever since we signed up. And the payments have all been coming in good up to about 3 weeks now. I ran a history report and it says I have made 20,251.00 but have only received about 7,000.00 Most of their operation is in India but there is a corporate office in Wes Palm Beach.

Are there any other vendors out there having the same problem???

Quote Originally Posted by Terrance Neville View Post
    I have made 20,251.00 but have only received about 7,000.00

That should open some eyes.

Yours too?

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Most of their operation is in India but there is a corporate office in Wes Palm Beach.
    India? This is like a glowing Red Flag!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Terrance Neville Guest

Well I know the ropes. File liens. Pay lawyers. Whatever. Nothing but a thing. I've done about 65 homes for them in the las couple months. At least I can apply it to my credits for ASHI. whatever. Life goes on.

Well I know the ropes. File liens. Pay lawyers.
    Apparently you do not know the ropes that well in Florida. You can pay the lawyers, but I doubt you will be able to file any meaningful liens under the lien laws.

I've done about 65 homes for them in the las couple months. At least I can apply it to my credits for ASHI. whatever. Life goes on.
    That would be the way to look at it alright. They gave you permission to learn on their properties at your cost. That at least will have some lasting benefit for you.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Terrance Neville Guest

Do you know this company? Have you had any dealings with them? I'm sure there are many companies whose costumer service is worked through India. Take At&t for instance. You have a problem with product you are talking to technicians in India. They are all either Architect or Engineers. This is how their educational system is structured. So, I'm not worried about that aspect. And I seem to be getting legitimate memos about my pay status. We'll just have tohave faith.

But if yiou do know anything about this company please share.

Terrance Neville Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    I don't think so!

They did waive this fee for us. And we are allowed up to 10 users.

And I seem to be getting legitimate memos about my pay status.

A legitimate "memo" will start with "Pay to the Order of" and then have your company name there followed by a "$" sign and a set of significant digits, such as, in your example, "$10,000.00" to start clearing up old debts.

If it says anything other than that, I would not think of it as a legitimate memo, only as a piece of paper "buying time".

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

I ran a history report and it says I have made 20,251.00 but have only received about 7,000.00
    Why are you still accepting those jobs? Based on these numbers, you're essentially getting paid for 1 out of every 3 jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    Why are you still accepting those jobs? Based on these numbers, you're essentially getting paid for 1 out of every 3 jobs.

It sounds like he's dammed if he quits, and dammed if he keeps on doing them.

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Terrance writes about these drive-by inspections:
    At least I can apply it to my credits for ASHI.
    Really? What will ASHI accept next? Fly-over inspections?

Scott, tell me that ASHI doesn't count drive-by inspections. This can't be true.

Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post

Scott, tell me that ASHI doesn't count drive-by inspections. This can't be true.

Lisa from what I hear they just except your word on the 250 requirement anyway.

I have been told that you only need to send in 50 and they take your word on the other 200.

So you can become a full fledged ASHI member in one month or less of experience.
    Not only that but I believe they count ridealongs ,where the experienced guy drags some newbie with no where else to go for education along with him ,and in all likely hood may feed him poor information to avoid competition.

That may be why ASHI guys all come to NACHI for actual learning to the point where they copy our Inspection Articles illegally.

Just join InterNachi guys .
    At least then you will know what you are doing out there.
    InterNACHI files suit against diploma mill inspector Tom Bopp of HomeSpeck. - InterNACHI Message Board

It is not true, who said it was? Trying to do a little artistic deflection from the ASTM thread?

Unlike INACHI, ASHI requires the address of the homes that were inspected and then they will audit the list and call the owners or request a copy of the reports. In addition a notarized statement is required that states you did complete the inspections to the ASHI standards. I don't think that any organization other than ASHI goes to this extreme to verify this type of information.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

What does "artistic deflection" mean.

Just answer the question. Is he correct or not? Does ASHI accept drive-by inspections or do they have to be full inspections? And if ASHI does count drive-by inspections, would they count fly-over inspections?

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Elliott View Post
    Lisa from what I hear they just except your word on the 250 requirement anyway.

I have been told that you only need to send in 50 and they take your word on the other 200.

So you can become a full fledged ASHI member in one month or less of experience.
    Not only that but I believe they count ridealongs ,where the experienced guy drags some newbie with no where else to go for education along with him ,and in all likely hood may feed him poor information to avoid competition.

That may be why ASHI guys all come to NACHI for actual learning to the point where they copy our Inspection Articles illegally.

Just join InterNachi guys .
    At least then you will know what you are doing out there.
    Lawsuit happy Nicky - InterNACHI Message Board
    Boy, that is really something to brag and be proud of Bob. Most descent folks would have called, sent a letter or an email to ask them to remove it. But, as I said it would take a descent person to do this first before filing a lawsuit that will most likely be dismissed down the road.

Things like this just keep chasing folks away from your organization and do nothing but hurt the profession as a whole. As it has been said before the only winners of a lawsuit are the attorneys.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Just answer the question. Is he correct or not? Does ASHI accept drive-by inspections or do they have to be full inspections? And if ASHI does count drive-by inspections, would they count fly-over inspections?
    I did answer.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

I'm told that copyright infringement is but a portion of the complaint. The main complaint is that we have, of all things, an ASHI member publicly disparaging InterNACHI's membership requirements. A bit outrageous, don't you think? InterNACHI's membership requirements.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Maybe I missed it but the only one using the term "drive-by inspections" or "fly-by inspections" in this thread is you. Are you only assuming these REO inspections are this way or are these terms something that the Inachi folks are use to?

To help answer your question I've had inspectors who've had their reports audited by ASHI and rejected because they didn't meet the ASHI requirements. So I would say if these REO inspections are not to the ASHI guidelines they will not be accepted.

How many reports has Internachi rejected prior to certifying their inspectors?

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

I'm told that copyright infringement is but a portion of the complaint. The main complaint is that we have, of all things, an ASHI member publicly disparaging InterNACHI's membership requirements. A bit outrageous, don't you think? InterNACHI's membership requirements.
    It happens, I can't tell you how many times I have seen folks from all of the organizations doing this. It is shameful and the person should be spanked.

Last edited by Scott Patterson; 02-22-2010 at 02:13 PM.
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

I'm told that copyright infringement is but a portion of the complaint. The main complaint is that we have, of all things, an ASHI member publicly disparaging InterNACHI's membership requirements. A bit outrageous, don't you think?
    It's not considered disparaging if the statements are facts.

I just find it hilarious ,to see how fixated some ASHI members are with NACHI hate ,only to turn around and get their Inspection knowledge from NACHI.

I just find it hilarious ,to see how fixated some ASHI members are with NACHI hate ,only to turn around and get their Inspection knowledge from NACHI.
    I think the hate is brought on by nachi suing ASHI members simply for stating facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Rowe View Post
    I think the hate is brought on by nachi suing ASHI members simply for stating facts.
    Considering the potentially slanderous remarks I see at places like this forum , I am glad to see the largest Inspection Association in the world fighting back.

I would not doubt if these very comments are being monitored by Lawyers right now.

I would not doubt if these very comments are being monitored by Lawyers right now.
    Who gives a dime about this! Bob, you are the one that is fixated on this.

I'm only answering the questions that are asked!

I really hope that the lawyers are monitoring this thread and all of the others, those billable hours will bankrupt Inachi after awhile. I was shown the tax return for Inahci and if it is true and correct the organization has no reserves. At the end of the year it had less than a week of operational funding available. This is something to be concerned about, if the organization operating pay check to pay check I can understand the push to recruit new members. Again, this is all based on the document that was posted on the website and shared with me.

Last edited by Scott Patterson; 02-22-2010 at 05:33 PM.
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

I have worked with them since 2008 when they where called Ocwen financial.
    They are legitimate companies. If you are really interested please e mail me privately.

info@allspec.us

Mark Howe Guest

asdfg

Last edited by Mark Howe; 02-22-2010 at 05:03 PM.

Mark Howe Guest

You want Scott to 'just answer the question' when you still refuse to answer the questions posed to you on commercial inspection standard thread?

Last edited by Mark Howe; 02-23-2010 at 06:28 AM.

Terrance Neville Guest

Exclamation Re: Altisource Portfolio Solutions

Has anyone working for Altisource had any problems with their reccords being erased and other kind of cover up or scandalous activities with these guys??

We started working for them last year and after a year of absolute chaos has just decided to toss us to the curb. This after being the most absolute loyal and most forgiving company we feel that our hearts have just been ripped out and shot into the waste basket. This after working through a long period where we (and many other Vendors) did not get paid for 14 weeks. And then came the time when 191 orders were just erased and we lost out of about $9,000.00. But we kept right on going. I mean the money was real good and we kept up with the crews but would have to suffer endless nights of errors and "technical issues" trying to get that order in. That order that is now 5 days late because they just have no control, no organization and no apparent sense of how to properly execute anything that starts by removing a screw or prying off a sheet of drywall. I can attest that these people know only concrete construction properties and components with no intellect of what it takes whn doing a routine mechanical procedure.

We were told to get ready because they have just had over 6,000 homes authorized for services and how we went out and purchased a new truck and more equipment to keep up with the "Challenge". (Where's out bailout!) and how they had hoped we were..."up for the challenge." And how they were very pleased with our work and the quality of our work. While still just pouring out the orders. Then Real Trans is down....and then we did not take a certain photo which is a new rule because there's a new Vendor Manager. There's a new VM every third week. And this one did not communiicate to that one. And so let's call the Vendor about the same issue that was thought to have been resolved with the person 6 weeks ago. but now there's a new VM and they fealt they needed to take up the Vendors time again to send them the same bid they sent in June.

And then they decided to change the security protocal but sent out the memos a month later....yes after we secured 5 new homes. The comment read "as of 7/14/2010 all locks should be disabled by PLACEING GLUE IN THE KEYHOLES???. And then install a digital lock. We are only paying you $110 to install a $70 digital lock and be prepared to spend another $10 or $20 to come back and service the lock again or change it out because it's a faulty one.

SORRY FOR ALL THE RAMBLING. But I am reaching out and want to hear your experiences. Are there any other companies that have experienced the same cover ups? The same promises? And it's Christams! Whaa!

Nick J. Alati Guest

[quote=Terrance Neville;151362]Has anyone working for Altisource had any problems with their reccords being erased and other kind of cover up or scandalous activities with these guys??

I took the advice of the Forum "Run Nick Run", I have not looked back until today,

Bruce Adams Guest

Lisa
    The answer to the question is no he is not correct. They have to be done according to ASHI standards of which interNACHI copied there standards. And they have to be verified. I would much rather be associated with ASHI as any third rate association such as interNACHI. I have dealt with that $199.00 inspection by that interNACHI inspector. It is a disgrace to the industry. My 12 year old grandson passed the interNACHI test. And if had sent money and taken some online courses could have become a certified member. You say 60% fail your test the first time. What does that say about the inspectors within interNACHI. I hope and believe that the good Home Inspectors are going to stay with the Top associations
    Bruce

Nick J. Alati Guest

We have seamed to drifted off the main topic, When I started this thread I was asking the membership if anyone has had any doings with this company. No, it is not a Home Inspection that their are asking for. Yes it only pays $85. They were wanting someone to go into the home and report on the condition, can the home be secured, is there any Major damage, are the windows broken, what condition is the yard in? Take a hole bunch of photos, fill out a form and go to the next - that's about it.

I would like to thank everyone for their advice, very helpful, I did decide not to do business with them, too much time for the money!

PS: you don't even have to be a Home Inspector to perform this task, lots of appraisers are playing, that is a topic for a different thread!

Nick J Alati
    Alati's Inspection Service LLC
    Gilbert Arizona
    Phoenix Home Inspector, Arizona Commercial Inspections, AZ Property Inspectors, HUD, FHA, VA Alati’s Inspection Service LLC

PUT THE FREEZE ON NACHI

DO NOT RESPOND TO NACHI POSTS

A TOTAL FREEZE WILL LEAVE THEM TAKING TO THEMSELVES -
    AND THEY WILL LOOK RIDICULOUS.

PUT THE FREEZE ON NACHI

I DON'T MEAN LEGITIMATE INSPECTION POSTS
    BUT NO MORE NACHI THIS AND NACHI THAT.

WE ARE DOING JUST WHAT THESE GUYS WANT.
    WE LEND THEM LEGITIMACY BY TALKING TO THEM.

COME ON - JOIN ME -
    NO MORE NACHI - IGNORE THEM COMPLETELY.

IF NACHI WANTS TO ADVERTISE HERE LET THEM PAY
    A FEE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

Matt Faust
    Real Estate Inspector