Dan Malin Guest

Default New Computer &3D software

I have 3D software, and I Just got a new computer. I didn't even think about the single licensing issue. I just set the computer today and I cannot run my 3D on it, due to the single licensing issue. I know I am not the only one to have this issue. Any suggestions?????
    I have an inspection Monday and cannot get a hold of 3D until then. I know I can run it on my old computer but, I was hoping to square away the new one this weekend.

Thanks,
    Dan Malin
    Prairie State Inspections Inc.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: New Computer &3D software

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Malin View Post
    I have 3D software, and I Just got a new computer. I didn't even think about the single licensing issue. I just set the computer today and I cannot run my 3D on it, due to the single licensing issue. I know I am not the only one to have this issue. Any suggestions?????
    I have an inspection Monday and cannot get a hold of 3D until then. I know I can run it on my old computer but, I was hoping to square away the new one this weekend.

Thanks,
    Dan Malin
    Prairie State Inspections Inc.
    Did you try the origional code? I was able to use the code they gave me a couple years ago, when I switched computers a few months ago.

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Bruce Adams Guest

Dan
    Your original code should work. If you did not keep that or can nor remember it you will have to contact 3D.
    Bruce

Call 3D or better yet email them they normally will allow you to set it up on a new cpu. I have multiple cpu and also multiple licenses also try ther website there maybe an anwser there

Bruce Adams Guest

Dan
    Another thing you can do is transfer the files from the old computer to the new computer. My son did this with my computers a couple of times and 3D worked fine on the new computer without reinstalling 3D. If you transfer all the files it should work and all your reports from the old computer will be there.
    Bruce

Just do an email search for all your communication with them and focus search on when you bought the software to find your code.
    I assume they emailed it to you.

Dan Malin Guest

When I go to open it it gives me the code and asks for my email address. When I type it in is says it cannot find the email address. It is the only email 3D has on file for me.

Thanks for the help,

Dan,

The latest version allows you to run the unregistered code for two weeks before it stops working. I believe the current license allows you to install it on two machines but only have one person using it. We mainly do scheduling on one machine that my wife uses and then I just use report writer in the 2nd machine.

Recently when I bought a Win7 machine I could not use the internet registration and had to call in to 3D. Spoke to them, got a code and was good to go.

//Rick

Rick Bunzel
    WWW.PacCrestInspections.com
    360-588-6956