Ted Menelly Guest

Default Re: Realtor turning the clients against you

LOL. Looks like the entertainment we have in our back yard every month or so..

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

William Brady Guest

Please froward this to Michael Vick, he may have some interest.

Ted Williams Guest

I guess all of those recent anti-bullying PSA's haven't reached the animal kingdom yet.

Ted Menelly Guest

The insanity of two crows and a Black cat ganging up on the intruder, It was like the Black cat and birds are buddies. Obviously you noticed that neither cat even attempted to go after the crows. Also looking at that over and over....Can you only imagine being attacked by a large cat....even a Bob Cat....Not a snowballs chance in hell of making it out alive....Pretty damn scary. The ferocity is mind boggling. Rip and tear with all 20 claws trying to rip the mid section out with the hind claws and hold on with the front claws and go for the throat with the fangs.

Wow

Ted Williams

I would comment of the non bullying but I got chewed on last week for even mentioning the whole thing.

ON Topic - I had an agent from one of the larger offices in the area call me last week. She said she had buyers that came in with just my name (business name) for an inspection on the house they were looking at. She obviously wasn't very happy that she wasn't able to push one of "Our Guys" for the inspection. She asked if I had done any inspections for agents at Long & Foster? Yes. "Could you give me their names?", she asked. Sure, but I'll have to look them up and email them to you. So far I haven't heard a word back.

The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Brooks View Post
    ON Topic - I had an agent from one of the larger offices in the area call me last week. She said she had buyers that came in with just my name (business name) for an inspection on the house they were looking at. She obviously wasn't very happy that she wasn't able to push one of "Our Guys" for the inspection. She asked if I had done any inspections for agents at Long & Foster? Yes. "Could you give me their names?", she asked. Sure, but I'll have to look them up and email them to you. So far I haven't heard a word back.
    I get those aggravated looks from agents from time time. You will usually get some kind of remark about how "her inspector" does things or writes thing or says things. They watch you like a hawk and listen to every word. It does look like they are a cat ready to pounce if you don't prove yourself to them and or earn their trust. I love that comment that you will hear all over the industry "Earn their trust"

Ted Williams Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    Ted Williams

I would comment of the non bullying but I got chewed on last week for even mentioning the whole thing.
    No worries. Recently found a show on MTV called Bully Beat Down that might be my favorite new show. Gotta love Comcast On Demand.

Did two houses for a client recently. During the 1st house the RE was yapping about her inspectors, how great they are, blah, blah. Wouldn't tell me who they were though. I knew I'd never get a referral out of her. She seemed like the type who loves checkbox reports. During the 2nd house I would ask her 'what your checkbox inspectors haven't taught you about this stuff' when she would act all innocent and not know anything about anything as issues arose.
    Finally, she told me who her guys were. I didn't know them, looked them up and saw their report. What a complete POS checkbox report. I was actually surprised at how bad it was. As many, if not more, pages of 'helpful information' as part of the report as actual HI reporting. I can understand why she loves those guys. Their report is a realtors dream. My client would probably have bought the 1st house based on their report and ended up really screwed.
    So short sighted on the RE's part. The client bought the 2nd house which cost a lot more. Which in turn means the RE got a bigger check.

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"