Thread: Howdy everyone

Dale Baker Guest

Default Howdy everyone

My name is Dale Baker
    I am the owner of Baker Home Inspection and Consulting Service
    in Charletown, NH.
    Have a good one

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Dale Baker; 09-22-2007 at 05:04 PM. Reason: To put my last name
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Howdy everyone

Dale - Welcome to the board! I see you're up there north of Bellows Falls, except on the other side of the river. Near my old stomping grounds. I miss New England!

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Carl Winters Guest

Hello Dale is that you? I just got here yesterday. Wonder how all the AR's are finding this site. I think I just stumbled up on it. This is your bud Carl Winters, Hill Country Inspector from Active Rain. I'll add you to my Bud list over here. From what I have seen they have good educational material on this site. Keep in Touch!

Dale Baker Guest

Thumbs up Re: Howdy everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Winters View Post
    Hello Dale is that you? I just got here yesterday. Wonder how all the AR's are finding this site. I think I just stumbled up on it. This is your bud Carl Winters, Hill Country Inspector from Active Rain. I'll add you to my Bud list over here. From what I have seen they have good educational material on this site. Keep in Touch!
    Howdy Carl

It sure is me. Sorry I had not goten back to you before now Carl but I had lost my password to here. They sure do have some very good educational material on this site.

Have a good one
    Dale

Carl Winters Guest

Talking Carl's Howdy!

Hey Dale: I haven't been getting over here as much as I do AR. I have so many passwords I can not keep up with them anymore. I try a couple times and if it doesn't work I just move on to something else. I have a book I write them down on but need to get it reorganized. I think I will put it in alpha. order by site name.
    Yes, from what I have seen educational material is good, and of course many good guys from AR. I really enjoy the friendships that we have developed.
    You have a good one yourself.

Passwords and accounts .
    I have had pretty good success keeping mine on a MS word document that I created a shortcut to on my desk top screen. I just copy and past the site, account infomation and password anytime I create or change passwords and such. It might not be the most secure method... not sure how much interest my Inspection News password would be to a hacker though .

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Nolan Kienitz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    Passwords and accounts ....
    My Excel file is now many years old, but (like Jim's Word doc) keeps getting modified with adds, deletions and changes.

My ole gray matter can't keep up with all the logins/passwords anymore. Then ... when you get to those locations that hold you to the complex combination for a password ... I kind of go ...

But, you know ... it is what it is !!

Nolan,

Just when I think I have a password memorized, I get one of those security updates saying I need to update and change my password.

I have all of mine taped really neat on the wall above my office computer.

Real security, right.

rick

Dale Baker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    Passwords and accounts .
    I have had pretty good success keeping mine on a MS word document that I created a shortcut to on my desk top screen. I just copy and past the site, account infomation and password anytime I create or change passwords and such. It might not be the most secure method... not sure how much interest my Inspection News password would be to a hacker though .
    Thanks for the info. As far as a hacker you never can tell.

Have a good one

Dale Baker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Nolan,

Just when I think I have a password memorized, I get one of those security updates saying I need to update and change my password.

Real security, right.

rick
    I know those security updates are a pane.

Nolan Kienitz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Nolan,

Real security, right.

rick
    Rick,

Then there is the bank account my wife and I have ... two different logins, bank has also required two or three security confirmation questions. I never get the questions when I login from my notebook in my office. But ... when my wife logs in with her notebook via the wireless link at the other end of the home I always get: "Nolan ... what was the name of your first car?" ... I'm digging out my Excel spreadsheet to find the answers ... I can never remember which order I put the words in: "Ford Model A" or "Model A Ford" or ... heck .. I give up !!

I keep all my passwords on a notepad .doc which I keep on a USB thumb drive. At least it's not on my computer.

Welcome Dale, Carl....

I've been here a couple of years and have learned more than any where else.

As with everything else, when you follow a thread, use common sense.
    Opinions... everybody has one.

Facts.... it is what it is.

Critical Home Inspection Services
    www.Home2Spec.com

Carl Winters Guest

Thanks Victor
    Freedom of speech is good but sometimes it goes beyond what the original comment was about. When that happens I just back away.
    Take Care
    Carl

Dale Baker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Victor DaGraca View Post
    I keep all my passwords on a notepad .doc which I keep on a USB thumb drive. At least it's not on my computer.

Welcome Dale, Carl....

I've been here a couple of years and have learned more than any where else.

As with everything else, when you follow a thread, use common sense.
    Opinions... everybody has one.

Facts.... it is what it is.
    Howdy Victor
    Thanks for the welcome to Carl and Myself
    Thats a good idea of yours to keep them on a USB thumb drive.
    I do usual lose my passwords there all in my head. But I was useing the
    one I was gave when I joind up here.
    By the way Victor your add to my list as Carl is.

Have a good one
    Dale

Just a note about USB thumb drives. They have a nasty habit of going bad without warning. I suggest you have a second backup somewhere else as a precaution.
    JF

Model A Ford?

Nolan, now just how long have you been inspecting???

I thought I had been around for a while, but my first car was a '65 Beetle that was already a few years old.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas