Thread: Report Software

Joseph Welker Guest

Default Report Software

I am just finishing up training to be a home inspector. After looking at all the various report writing programs. Does anyone know if there are any that will work on the IPAD?

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Mike Inspector Guest

Default Re: Report Software

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Welker View Post
    I am just finishing up training to be a home inspector. After looking at all the various report writing programs. Does anyone know if there are any that will work on the IPAD?

Unfortunately the inspection appilcations for the ipad are few and far between if any. That device is a toy, for entertainment and was designed as such. Even Apple admits it is a toy. Leave it at home and get a tablet type computer such as the CTL 2 GO PC convertible and inspect away.

Joseph Welker Guest

So will Home Gauge work well on a tablet pc?

Actually

Tap Inspect - Home Inspection Reporting Software for the IPhone, IPod Touch, and iPad

works with Ipad / Iphone / Ipod Touch

I had run across, but haven't tried it.

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Spargo View Post
    Actually

Tap Inspect - Home Inspection Reporting Software for the IPhone, IPod Touch, and iPad

works with Ipad / Iphone / Ipod Touch

I had run across, but haven't tried it.

That has to be the most Realtor friendly report I have ever seen. One liners, minimul input, nothing alarming, no explanation of anything what so ever.

If anyone wants a serious amount of Realtor referrals I highly suggest you get an I phone and tap inspect software.....they will love you and spread your name to every Realtor......The only problem is that you may not be in business long.

Love all the quick disclaimers pretty much saying that what you are doing there amounts to nothing and you cannot be held liable for anything because it was all just a whim.

I know it was just an example but it was one of the shortest say nothing reports I have ever seen.

Sorry Tap Inspect. Just an opinion. In my humble opinion that is not a home inspection in the slightest.

All living areas should have insulation over them Yeah think

Interesting. $5.00 for each inspection, or $60.00 per month. Not sure how it would work on a i-pod touch, since there isn't a camera. I think that you can customize it just like any other program.

Joseph Welker Guest

Thanks guys. I think I am going to go with Home Inspector Pro and use a tablet pc.

Joseph,

I know of no software that works on an iPad. You might want to see if Home Inspector Pro is working on an app.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Thanks guys. I think I am going to go with Home Inspector Pro and use a tablet pc.
    Good choice Joe.
    You are just in time to maybe join the beta i pad program Dominic is working on.
    He asked for volunteers.
    I think it is going to be closer to a remote of the full program.

As Mike mentioned, tablets still work the best right now. The CTL2Go is the favorite for our users and I know many other programs recommend it too. Gunnar should be able to give more info, but a couple of guys have said they had problems with it and the 3D (others have told me it works great).

You can use remote software with any iPad program but it's really just a work around. You're actually controlling your computer and home with the iPad asking as a remote control. I think the iPad is too fragile to be carried around on site compared to the CTL2Go which has rubber around it, sealed buttons and a handle that retracts on your hand.

Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software & Home Inspection Website Hosting
    Runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad. Import HomeGauge, 3D & InspectVue Narratives!

How is the sensitivity on the CTL2Go touch screen? I wish I would have seen that when I was looking for a tablet. I ended up with the Lenovo S10-3t. It's been a good computer so far. Just wish it had a handle.

Bruce Adams Guest

I have used 3D since 1998 and have found it to be a very good program. It works on windows mobile 6. I use a TDS Recon for the last five years. Small enough to carry in your palm. I have dropped it from a ladder, dropped it in water and carried it in places that you would not believe. Never lost a report with it.
    The best thing about 3D is that it is easy to make changes to your report.
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Belverstone View Post
    How is the sensitivity on the CTL2Go touch screen? I wish I would have seen that when I was looking for a tablet. I ended up with the Lenovo S10-3t. It's been a good computer so far. Just wish it had a handle.
    The handle is a nice touch.
    I own one.

Terry Griffin Guest

I use 3d reporting system, clients and realtors are impressed with the format and amount of information included in the report. My problem with 3d is that I cant get the email function to operate properly and the 3d tech staff doesn't want to bother helping me get it set up. So I hand deliver, its a lot less aggravating.

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Griffin View Post
    I use 3d reporting system, clients and realtors are impressed with the format and amount of information included in the report. My problem with 3d is that I cant get the email function to operate properly and the 3d tech staff doesn't want to bother helping me get it set up. So I hand deliver, its a lot less aggravating.
    You cannot print to a PDF and then email the report. Everything can be printed so you must be able to either print to or save as a PDF

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    Joseph,

I know of no software that works on an iPad. You might want to see if Home Inspector Pro is working on an app.
    You might want to take a look at Horizon. As web-based program it differs from most of the software discussed and works great on the iPad even Samsung Galaxy(Android) enviroments.
    YouTube - Home inspection on an iPad

Gainsaver has pretty good prices on used motions C5s at the moment, all of which have outdoor readable "View anywhere" screens:

http://www.gainsaver.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?&CCode=1008^Tablet+PCs&cICode=116932

Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

Bruce Adams Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Griffin View Post
    I do not use the 3D email. Takes to long to get set up. I just print to PDF printer and then send it through my regular E-mail. Works very well.
    Bruce

MichaelWirth Guest

The biggest problem with most iPad, android or any web based software is that you need a network connection. If you are out of a metro area it may work but will be very slow.

Tap Inspect runs native on the iPad. No need for a network. It will wait until it sees a network and then send out the PDF report while you're driving back to town if you have 3G. No need to print to PDF, just send it from the app.

We haven't gotten to writing the iPad specific interface. With so much more room on the screen we want to use to it's full potential. A few users run it on their iPads and plug their camera into a nifty connector from apple.

I like using Tap Inspect on my iPhone. It fits right into my pocket. Take photos and insert them right into the comment then and there.

Guy D Brand Sr Guest

I was just researching touch books and there is a way to install Windows 7 on an iPad. This would allow you to use Window based report programs. Search Utube, there are a couple of videos showing Windows 7 on the ipad.

Last edited by Guy D Brand Sr; 03-28-2011 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Sp. Errors

Guy D Brand Sr Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John Kwasnik View Post
    You might want to take a look at Horizon. As web-based program it differs from most of the software discussed and works great on the iPad even Samsung Galaxy(Android) enviroments.
    YouTube - Home inspection on an iPad
    ReportHost.com is web based also. I find it right on! I used InspecIt, a Word based program, and just had too many issues to correct. ReportHost is very user friendly once you get into it. Pictures can be sized and uploaded in a matter of seconds. Template can be modified with any and all custom comments and concerns. I am finding it more and more professional.

Jeff Knight Guest

Soon....very soon.

Michael,

How's the battery life on your Iphone using it to take pictures and TapInspect input?

i.e. will it get me through my two inspections a day and all the phone calls without draining the battery.

-

Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections

Quote Originally Posted by Erby Crofutt View Post
    Michael,

How's the battery life on your Iphone using it to take pictures and TapInspect input?

i.e. will it get me through my two inspections a day and all the phone calls without draining the battery.

-
    Not sure about the Iphone but my Android would easily drain w/o having a dock in the truck.... I don't do inspection pics on the phone but do use it for my voice notes and as a GPS... oh yeah, and as a phone, too

I have a dash mount that I snap it into and plug in a charger and a headset when I'm rolling. It actually works great. I didn't intend to use it as a GPS but the voice recognition is so nice I just couldn't go back to typing in my addresses.

These new smartphones do drain batteries quickly so unless you only use it for calls and very little for other stuff I wouldn't plan on making through a full day.

Think about how many times per inspection you use the zoom on your camera. There is no optical zoom on any of the phones that I know of. For you, most of you will use a normal camera.

Matt, I got an extended battery for my Evo (Android). I went from 5-6 hours to over 24 hours without a charge. Needless to say, I couldn't be happier!

Runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad. Import HomeGauge, 3D & InspectVue Narratives!

Mike Weston Guest

Looking for iPad Home Inspection Software, You need to check out InspectionSoftware.com's IPad stand alone software, Identify & Report Professional. Runs on iPad, Mac and Pc. No Internet access required. You can take your photos with the iPad and automatically the photo will go in the Report. Check out the video on YouTube.com iPad Identify & Report Professional

Dane DeWeese Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Weston View Post
    Looking for iPad Home Inspection Software, You need to check out InspectionSoftware.com's IPad stand alone software, Identify & Report Professional. Runs on iPad, Mac and Pc. No Internet access required. You can take your photos with the iPad and automatically the photo will go in the Report. Check out the video on YouTube.com iPad Identify & Report Professional
    There is one software out there that is a stand alone product for use with Ipad and Iphone.

Â*Home Inspection Software, Home Inspection Software Written By Inspectors for Inspectors. Home Inspection Reporting Software Made Fast and Easy, New iPad Home Inspection Software, Free Home Inspection Software for the First 1000 Inspectors, Now Inspe

The price to buy is a bit much, the lease price is ok, not sure how a lease works. But, it's something for you to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Dane DeWeese View Post
    There is one software out there that is a stand alone product for use with Ipad and Iphone.

*Home Inspection Software, Home Inspection Software Written By Inspectors for Inspectors. Home Inspection Reporting Software Made Fast and Easy, New iPad Home Inspection Software, Free Home Inspection Software for the First 1000 Inspectors, Now Inspe

The price to buy is a bit much, the lease price is ok, not sure how a lease works. But, it's something for you to look at.
    Wow, Alta Loma. I lived there for 15 years. I'm in Claremont now, not too far from ya!