Smile Replacing my old mositure meter

I need to replace my mositure meter and wanted to get a few opinions on what works best in the field... my last one was just okay. I want easy to read and quick to use and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Replacing my old mositure meter

There is some useful discussion in the IN thread here:

http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...on-device.html

I use a both Tramex and Protimeter Surveymaster at home inspections and for moisture intrusion work; each works especially well in some situations and not so so well in others, and they complement each other well. The accessory probe capability on the Protimeter is especially useful, and I have a variety of probes and extensions I've made for use with this feature.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Michael Thomas; 12-13-2010 at 03:14 PM.
    Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

I own 4 or 5 moisture meters, but carry the Protimeter Surveymaster with me at all times.
    Haven't used the Tramex in years, and seem to only own the Delmhorst to loan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Barr View Post
    I need to replace my mositure meter and wanted to get a few opinions on what works best in the field... my last one was just okay. I want easy to read and quick to use and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
    Ryobi makes a pinless you can buy at Home Depot for about $50. The one I have has always been within 2-3% of meters used by WDI inspectors that I have been in the crawl with.

The beatings will continue until morale has improved. mgt.

Jeffrey L. Mathis Guest

I own a Delmhorst and have no reason to believe it is anything but accurate. I frequently compare it to WDI guys. But I know one thing, don't lose the cap on a pin type meter. Very painful.
    JLMathis