Default New type of attic purlin attachment (With photos)

New method of Purlin attachment. Perfected in Mexico and now in use in the USA. Direct from Mexico. New Construction in Frisco Texas.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

chris mcintyre Guest

Default Re: New type of attic purlin attachment (With photos)

I use a Hispanic framing crew for projects that are more than my 3 man crew can handle and their work is as good as any framers, but they also charge the same rate as other good quality framers.

The type of framing in the photo's are what you get when a (tract) builder will only pay 1.25 a sq. ft. for framing, and the Mexicans are the ones willing to work for that.

And some wounder why an inspection is needed on new construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene South View Post
    New method of Purlin attachment. Perfected in Mexico and now in use in the USA. Direct from Mexico. New Construction in Frisco Texas.
    Wow, you sure are picky.

You're probably one of those deal-killers I've heard so much about.

Don't the framers get a A+ for re-purposing those small chunks of tek-deck?

Bruce Thompson, Lic. #9199
    www.TylerHomeInspector.com
    Home Inspections in the Tyler and East Texas area

The real hoot here is the pair of floating 2x that hardly support the purlin braces.

Mr. Thompson,

They haven't sold a home one in McKinney since Gene started inspecting. He is just ruining the real estate market there with his nit-picking.

Builders are all removing the siding from homes just with the threat of him coming out for an inspection.

rick

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Mr. Thompson,

They haven't sold a home one in McKinney since Gene started inspecting. He is just ruining the real estate market there with his nit-picking.

Builders are all removing the siding from homes just with the threat of him coming out for an inspection.

rick
    I knew he was being overly picky. That purlin support would be perfect in Casa Magnetica.

Bruce Thompson, Lic. #9199
    www.TylerHomeInspector.com
    Home Inspections in the Tyler and East Texas area

Dont worry! the gaps will close once the attic framing settles!!

James Bohac

Bruce Adams Guest

This type of workmanship seems to have spread all over this country. One of the many things that comes with Illegal Immigration and THE HIRING OF SUCH. It is not the fought of the worker, it is the fought of the one that hires them. And hopefully he was held accountable.
    Chris Mcintyre you say you use Mexican workers when your people can not handle the job. And that they do a good gob. I hope you are right. I also hope you check there ID and that they have legal papers to either work in this country or are a legal resident of the United States. If you are not then I hope you are held accountable.
    Understand I have no problem with those that came to this country legally. By legal means. The United States has paid to high of a price for those that cross our borders illegally. And we are paying a higher price today.
    Tomorrow morning Mr. Reed is going to put before the Senate for the Dream Act for vote. If this passes people born and raised in this country are going to pay a very high price. We are going to pay those that are here illegally to go to our Schools here and to live here. Those born to Citizens of the United State can not get money from the government, that is supposed to be working for them, for there own children. Send those that are here illegally back where they came from and require them the apply for legal immigration to the United States. Uphold the laws that this country has in place to protect the people of the United States. I you hire Illegals you should be held accountable.
    Bruce Adams

Nice work! Must have been the same guy that my landlord hired to do the service on my HVAC. He did't have the correct size filter to replace the dirty one so he TORE, not cut, tore a bigger one (sort of) down to size. These are the filters you buy at Home Depot, the disposable pleated ones.
    I found it when I replaced the filter myself in mid-service cycle. I wish I had taken a picture of it. It was a classic.

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

Mark Howe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Adams View Post
    This type of workmanship seems to have spread all over this country. One of the many things that comes with Illegal Immigration and THE HIRING OF SUCH. It is not the fought of the worker, it is the fought of the one that hires them. And hopefully he was held accountable.
    Chris Mcintyre you say you use Mexican workers when your people can not handle the job. And that they do a good gob. I hope you are right. I also hope you check there ID and that they have legal papers to either work in this country or are a legal resident of the United States. If you are not then I hope you are held accountable.
    Understand I have no problem with those that came to this country legally. By legal means. The United States has paid to high of a price for those that cross our borders illegally. And we are paying a higher price today.
    Tomorrow morning Mr. Reed is going to put before the Senate for the Dream Act for vote. If this passes people born and raised in this country are going to pay a very high price. We are going to pay those that are here illegally to go to our Schools here and to live here. Those born to Citizens of the United State can not get money from the government, that is supposed to be working for them, for there own children. Send those that are here illegally back where they came from and require them the apply for legal immigration to the United States. Uphold the laws that this country has in place to protect the people of the United States. I you hire Illegals you should be held accountable.
    Bruce Adams
    Not trying to knock you off of your soap box or anything, but does anyone have any evidence that the framing in question was done by a Mexican, let alone an illegal immigrant?

Lot of conclusion jumping (and xenophobia) from a profession that should deal in facts and evidence. I have personally witnessed good ol red blooded 'real' Amuricuns performing that kind of work, but I have never worked a crew with Mexicans who would try that. They do what they are instructed and trained to do. The blue eyed forman/GC is responsible for that crap, IMO.

Do you ask for papers when your client is an immigrant? Just wondering what my duty was.

Daniel Mummey Guest

Don't know where this is at in the approved-for-occupancy stage but here in Oregon it doesn't get by that. But if it does and this is found later to have been constructed under permit & license there's a contractor in big trouble! If it was the home owner, whatever, report that this situation does not comply with applicable building code(s)

Bruce Adams Guest

Do you ask for papers when your client is an immigrant? Just wondering what my duty was.[/quote]

I would if they were working for me. In a hearts beat. I have inspected work by known Illegals and most times find it inferior. Yes we have people from this country today that do inferior work. But they also have to compete against the illegals. Send them back where they came from.
    Bruce

Mark Howe Guest

Do you ask for papers when your client is an immigrant? Just wondering what my duty was.
    I would if they were working for me. In a hearts beat. I have inspected work by known Illegals and most times find it inferior. Yes we have people from this country today that do inferior work. But they also have to compete against the illegals. Send them back where they came from.
    Bruce[/QUOTE]

Not surprised that you don't know a client from an employee. You kinda missed the point.

Just a liiitttlle outside ($1 to Bob Uecker).

Bruce Adams Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Howe View Post
    Bruce
    Not surprised that you don't know a client from an employee. You kinda missed the point.

I DIDN'T MISS THE POINT. The client should have already been asked. And checked out. I believe in the Arizona law. And the laws that are already on the books in this Country. It is time our Government started doing what is right. ALL PEOPLE ARE EQUAL AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS EQUAL. They should not be shown favoritism because of who they are or where they come from.

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Bruce Adams,

Yeah, you DID miss the point, the direct point Mr. Howe was making, not the one on your head. The subtle "point" totally flew past you.

BTW, its "fault" (not fought), "their" and "too".

And, "AL" is Alabama, not Arizona.

Keep the bigotry, and supposed politics where it belongs, not on technical areas of this forum.

Last time I checked anyone or any entity; foreign national, citizen, non-resident or resident alien, foreign corporation, etc. was eligible to purchase and own real estate in this country, including residential. The only requirement at closing proof/source/legit cash-flow, tracking money laundering (i.e. drugs, guns, etc.) activity.

If a Home Inspection Client has the money, inpect away.

It has been MY experience that shoddy workmanship is a distinct possiblity regardless of a parties race, national origin or nationality, sex, religion or sexual orientation, and frankly, level of education.

It has further been my experience that most "first generationers" tend to know more about their trade or profession, and this country, and have a better "work ethic" then most hicks from the backwaters, and tend to have a higher IQ then hood wearing bigots.

Last edited by H.G. Watson, Sr.; 12-17-2010 at 07:33 PM.

chris mcintyre Guest

I'm not sure where to start.....so I'll start here.

The owner of the company is legal, has a TIN #, workers comp, general liability, and so on. I do not ask for identification from every worker, and if you think I should (and since you kept using the word "they" I assume you do) then I have a question for you.

If you go a restaurant and see workers who appear to be of hispanic descent do ask if they are legal before ordering? If not and one of the workers in the restaurant is illegal you should be held accountable!

The client should have already been asked. And checked out. I believe in the Arizona law.

Then you should know that Arizona law says that legal status can only be checked if the person is stopped/arrested for a crime. Ordering a home inspection is not a crime.

ALL PEOPLE ARE EQUAL AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS EQUAL.

I wish you would make up your mind!!!

I must say that in this case I agree with H. G.

(save for a couple of scribner's errors ... okay, technically "scrivener's errors" )

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com