Default Cliff Lee- Say it ain't sooooo

News broke that Cliff Lee has turned down the Rangers and the Bronx Bombers for; get this- the dreaded Philadelphia Phillies!

Why oh why would such a talented man return to the team that shipped him away to get Doc Halladay?

I don't mind losing him to another team, but the Phillies?

Last edited by Darren Miller; 12-14-2010 at 06:41 AM.
    Crawl Space Creeper
    Darren www.aboutthehouseinspections.com
    'Whizzing & pasting & pooting through the day (Ronnie helping Kenny helping burn his poots away!) (FZ)

Default Re: Cliff Lee- Say it ain't sooooo

Sorry (not), but, IT'S SOOOOOOOOOO!

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

HA HA HA HA HA!!! Sorry Darren.......oh who am I kidding. I'm not sorry. I'm giddy. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Tooooo bad Yankees.

Halladay, Hamels, Lee, Oswalt.......I think I might start crying.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Even my wife is happy, and she doesn't, or didn't, like Lee.

It helps that he gave up $50,000,000 because he'd rather be in Philadelphia. That gives us the warm fuzzies.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)

People have been talking for years how the Yankees, with all their money, sign all the big stars, how they are bad for baseball etc.

Well, today on ESPN, all I keep hearing is how the Phillies are now considered the "Yankees of the national league".

How's that making you feel?

3 big time starters, (I don't consider Hamels big time, he's a punk) all over 33 years old. You guys got about 2-3 years of domination (as they say, a dynasty) before father time runs out.

My hats off to the Phillies and their fans, enjoy the ride!

'Whizzing & pasting & pooting through the day (Ronnie helping Kenny helping burn his poots away!) (FZ)

Bitter Darren?

And correct me if I'm wrong but didn't some Yankees fans curse and spit at Cliff Lee's wife during the playoffs last year? Hardly a way to win anybody over.

Last edited by Nick Ostrowski; 12-14-2010 at 07:22 AM.
    "It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

From The 700 level Blog........

Cliff Lee's Wife Reportedly Didn't Care for New York, Loves Philly

The reports this past October of Cliff Lee's wife getting spit on by New York Yankees fans may or may not have been blown out of proportion, but now we can at least all point and laugh at Yankees fans for their boorish behavior. Today, in light of Lee opting to leave millions of dollars on the table and join the Phillies instead of New York, beat writer Randy Miller says that Lee's wife had a big part in this decision, "A good source tells me that Cliff Lee''s wife is the main reason he didn't sign with Yankees. She wanted NO PART of New York, i was told." And: "Apparently incident with Lee's wife had last fall with Yankees fans wasn't forgotten. Besides that, she's not fond of NY. She LOVES Philly."

Cliff Lee wasn't with the Phillies a very long time his first time around, but he endeared himself to Philadelphia's fanbase just about as quickly as humanly possible. I went skimming back through our Cliff Lee archives and found this gem of a video from October 8th, 2009 when the Fightins won game one of the NLDS. Just listen to the crowd.

Lee may have left an obscene amount of money on the table, but you can't put a value on 45,000+ Philadelphians chanting your name.

Sure beats having your wife spit on by New Yorkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    Bitter Darren?
    Nick,

I just said

"My hats off to the Phillies and their fans, enjoy the ride!"

Where do you get bitter out of that?

To go back to a team who's fans threw batteries at Santa Claus?

Where is the thinking of this one? Oh, yeah. 120 million.

rick

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    To go back to a team who's fans threw batteries at Santa Claus?

Where is the thinking of this one? Oh, yeah. 120 million.

rick
    Hey, man, those were Eagles fans, not Phillies fans. And it was snowballs, not batteries.
    See snopes.com: Philadelphia Fans Boo Santa Claus

And that Phillies fan that threw up on someone on purpose? He's from New Jersey, not Philadelphia.I'm just sayin'.

Actually, I heard a report yesterday that one of Lee's children is suffering/recovering from a major disease (sorry, I forgot which one) and Philadelphia has one of the worlds best hospitals for this particular disease.

I don't know of it's true or not, but if it is, family and health over everything else.

From Wikipedia:

Lee and his wife Kristen have a son named Jaxon (4/29/01) and a daughter, Maci (4/5/03). Jaxon was diagnosed with leukemia at the age of 4 months, but after undergoing treatments, is now in remission