Default The Perfect Inspection?

Well...almost. It was the easeist one I've had in a while.

1. A couple of pieces of ext trim that needed sealing and paint.

2. 1 open knockout in the main panel.

3. No insulation on the attic hatch.

4. Dryer vent piping disconnected in the attic.

That was it. Why can't I get more like this?

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Re: The Perfect Inspection?

A question I often get is if I've ever inspected a house that had nothing wrong. I say if I ever do, I'll probably do the inspection all over again because I'd be sure I missed something.

Enjoy ones like those when you get them John. They're too far and few in between.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Good for you John. Maybe 1% of the homes I inspect have that few items. Similiar to Nick, I would slow the process down and re-inspect. Last week, I had a new split foyer home selling in the low $100k's that had 14 code violations and 1 not following manufacturer's instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by John Dirks Jr View Post
    Well...almost. It was the easeist one I've had in a while.

1. A couple of pieces of ext trim that needed sealing and paint.

2. 1 open knockout in the main panel.

3. No insulation on the attic hatch.

4. Dryer vent piping disconnected in the attic.

That was it. Why can't I get more like this?

Maybe you were not inspecting in the real world? I am just amazed lately at how people have let their homes get in such bad shape. People think homes are disposable nowadays I guess.

rick

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

The best ones I see typically are real basic new construction homes. Very few if any bells or whistles and around 1500 sq ft. I guess it's because these homes adhere to the KISS rule.....keep it simple stupid. The less there is, the less there is to go wrong.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

I've had a few where there is pretty much nothing big wrong, and repairs would be minimal. But not many.

I might have 1-2 homes a year that really have nothing wrong with them. The last "perfect" home I had was back in September. It was a 9,000 sf home that was one of the finest homes I have ever seen. The only thing that I found wrong in the home was that the front wooden door was not sealed at the top; a dripping faucet at the laundry room sink and that was it! The home was immaculate and simple to inspect.

Of course it didn't hurt that the owner had a full time housekeeper/groundskeeper and a live-in maid to take care of everything.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Ted Menelly Guest

The finest home I ever inspected was a 5500 sq ft home

In all seriousness the only item I found out of everything in and around the home was a bad GFCI receptacle on the inside of a brick wall with sprinkler controls next to it.

It turned out to be the associations sprinkler box and GFCI

After I completed the inspection I did a once over on everything just to push it to find something....nothing. Not even a dirty filter on any of the HVAC systems. The only house ever with nothing suppose I could have nit picked at a unreal level but even if I did the home was fantastic. It even had a pool and all the equipment with the alarms on windows and doors, all gates perfect, equipment looked like something kept inside, all HVAC systems, electric panels, everything in the home was in great order. They had to have someone go thru the place with a fine tooth comb.

I have had a few that were close over the decades but that had to beet all.