Kristi Wallace Guest

Default InspectIt/ReportPlus

I am just starting as a home inspector and wanted to get your opinions on the InspectIt/ReportPlus software. Could anyone share any experiences or problems that they have had?

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: InspectIt/ReportPlus

I've used it for 10+ years exclusively and have had no issues.

rick

i just upgraded to the new inspectit--and it is great---you can add all your text in the info box and then just click it to your report--it has saved me a good thirty minutes on my reports--and their teck support is great--we are talking about the AHIT system right

cvf

I started with report plus, found their tech support lacking. I bought 50 reports to start so i could try it first. I now use Whisper & i'm very happy.

Nolan Kienitz Guest

Been with Whisper Solutions and their products for 8+ years now. Great product and support.

They provide templates for any use you can imagine (not just the required Texas TREC template).

You can also build from the ground up or modify a provided template for your use.

Application is very customizable.

Their latest product is: Whisper Reporter and it has been out now for ~5 years.

Before that I used their Whisper PI3 product that is quite good and still available, but not nearly as flexible as Reporter.

Here is a link for you to check it out. Download it and you get the full version and can test drive it for ~30-days.

WhisperReporter

Home inspector pro is the best you can possibly buy.
    Nothing is better.

I've used InspectIt/ReportPlus for over 9 years. Great software!!

www.dapkusinspections.com
    www.chicagoinfraredthermalimaging.com
    Infraspection Institute Certified Level III Thermographer # 8510

Kristi Wallace Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stanley frost View Post
    I started with report plus, found their tech support lacking. I bought 50 reports to start so i could try it first. I now use Whisper & i'm very happy.

Can I ask what type of problems that you had with the tech support? I'm trying to get a big picture before I spend the money for it.

They wern't always available and they seam to have a hard time explaining things to me, they just wanted to take control of your computer, fix the problem and be done. This didn't help the next time I had a problem. You realy should look at Whisper before you put out any money.

Nolan Kienitz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kristi Wallace View Post
    Can I ask what type of problems that you had with the tech support? I'm trying to get a big picture before I spend the money for it.
    KW - As I noted in an earlier post go to Whisper's website, download the app and run with it for a month. It is not limited ... it is a full download that you can test to your heart's content.

Whisper's support is very good. I also happen to do debugging/testing of new releases/updates to the program as well so stay in close touch the folks.

Now ... don't expect the program to have a library of "inspector comments". That is not what an application does or should do. That is up to each individual HI to develop. There are some generalized sample comments (WR calls them RapidRemarks), but there is not a library of "prepared comments".

Bob's support of Home Inspector Pro is also well founded. HIP is also a pretty good application and their support is very good as well.

You can also download Home Inspector Pro for a test drive as well.

William Brady Guest

I have use booth for several years. As far as support goes I have never had a problem with them fixing anything that goes wrong even when it was my mis use of the software. Office Pro works great and keeps me and the busines on track. they are as good as any program.

Ferrisr Guest

Talking Re: InspectIt/ReportPlus

I am also using Inspect It; the problem I find is there is no customer management function to it. it’s strictly reporting software. Unless you buy the Officepro another $800. I am currently looking at new software that has everything I need or buying the Officepro.

Keeping track of clients, dates, and realtors helps you refine your business and market correctly. When looking at a software product that also to get the customer management software included.

Remember to look at your future needs (business plan / marketing plan) where do you plan to be, how much if you get a second inspector (ease of training a second, third…… inspector) Will they need access to your database for calls?

Sorry no real answers just letting you know mistakes I made.

For what it's worth... back when I was looking for software, I did all the research then bought the one I thought was pretty good, only to find it was clunky and difficult to work with. I then bought a 2nd program and after a while I got extremely tired of that program's limitations, the final straw came after I had to do a default reset which wiped out 100's of hours of customizing.

I then bought HomeGuage which works really well, produces great looking reports (everyone loves them), customer service is amazing, back office stuff is great (ie: web hosting, web-site creator / templates, forced-payment, forced-agreement, report upload / access, on & on)

My only regret has been that I didn't start with them right out of the gate. While HomeGuage may cost a couple of bucks more than ones mentioned above, I think you get what you pay for.

Joe Klampfer RHI
    www.myinspection.ca
    Pacific Home Inspections

Eric Russell Guest

Kristi,

I used the Inspectit for 2 years and found it very time consuming to get a report complete. It is MS Word based, or was, and customizable, but I never took the tutorial, so I might have learned some tricks, so maybe I didn't give it a chance. I switched to HomeGauge in 2008 and have never regretted it. I suggest before you plop down $400-$1000 for software, you explore all your options. Try HG, try 3D, try Inspector Pro...you can DL trial versions. Play with them. Then you can get the one that best suits your needs.