Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Ending 2010 on a High Note

If this year hasn't already been odd enough, December ended up being my best month of the 4th quarter. Hopefully this is the start of a trend and will carryover and get 2011 started well for all of us.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1
    "It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Ted Menelly Guest

Default Re: Ending 2010 on a High Note

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    If this year hasn't already been odd enough, December ended up being my best month of the 4th quarter. Hopefully this is the start of a trend and will carryover and get 2011 started well for all of us.
    Good for you. December was my worse month ever and now I already have a portion of the week lined up for the new year.

Go 2011

Happy New Year everyone.

Yeah.... sometimes at the end of the year I think thing like... I'm getting older, what did I get done this year?

After looking at the year end numbers..... I'm okay with 2010 just passing away quietly

Actually, 08/09/10 are all within a few thousand bucks of each other as for revenue... but 10 is the worst of the 3

Happy New Year everyone......

2010 was my worst year in maybe 18. December was the worst month in forever.

The funny thing is, my average inspection fee took a big jump. Not because I raised my prices, I just did more big and pricy jobs in 2010.

2010 was the slowest year I've ever had. However, December 2010 was the third best month this year and the best December in the past 3 years. (November was my second best month this year) The week between Christmas and New Years this year was the best one of the past 8 years.

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Well, for those that might find it interesting, The Chinese year of the metal or golden Tiger doesn't end until the beginning of Feb, when the next year (4709) begins on Feb 3rd, which will be the year of the metal Rabbit or Hare. Here's hoping things continue on a "higher note" overall.

In general, according to the Chinese Cal/astro cycle it should be a calmer, more stable, more personally successful year for the most part, especially for fellow "rabbits", "sheep" "dogs" and "pigs". Lets hope so.

Chinese Astrology & Horoscopes - The Year of the Rabbit 2011

Like most "horriblescopes" you can read them in retrospect and find them almost always to be mostly true, as they tend to be "in the eye of the beholder" and hindsightedly you can always find examples to fit the ambiguousness of the generalities.

Thought it might be fun to compare the cycles.

2011:

General predictions for the Year of the Rabbit
    The year of the Rabbit is traditionally associated with home and family, artistic pursuits, diplomacy, and keeping the peace. Therefore, 2011 is very likely to be a relatively calmer one than 2010 both on the world scene, as well as on a personal level.

Conversely, nations will also become more insular and increasingly lock down their borders to protect against the "other". However, 2011 will also see new art movements projecting a distinct national identity taking the world by storm. Shrewd and creative new business partnerships will also form to the benefit of all.

Rabbits who thrive on delicate business dealings are best suited to navigating the year ahead. Those compatible with the Rabbit — the Sheep, Dog and Pig in particular — will also find 2011's circumstances inspiring them to greater personal happiness and professional success.

Others will suffer, by degree, depending on how flexible they are to the world mood. Those who have cultivated careful negotiation skills (or, perhaps more importantly, can sniff-out and swiftly dodge dangerous situations!), may attain similar good luck enjoyed by rabbits and those compatible with them in 2011.

2010:
    The Year of the Tiger begins on Febuary 12, 2010. Drama, intensity, change and travel will be the keywords for 2010. Unfortunately, world conflicts and disasters tend to feature during Tiger years also, so it won’t be a dull 12 months for anyone. The Year of the Tiger will bring far reaching changes for everyone. New inventions and incredible technological advances have a good chance of occurring. For all of the Chinese horoscope signs, this year is one to be active – seizing opportunities and making the most of our personal and very individual talents. Everything happens quickly and dramatically in a Tiger year – blink and you could miss an important chance of a lifetime!
    Depends on what animal year you were born under here is one site with predictions for each of the cycle years born under:

Chinese Horoscope 2010 the Year of the Tiger

Just throwin them out there for entertainment's sake.

HNY.

Last edited by H.G. Watson, Sr.; 01-01-2011 at 09:57 AM.

December was my best month of the year.

Like Jack, my average inspection dollar was up due to the larger homes I inspected this year. Still it was a slow year for the most if you compare it to the past heyday years that we are not likely to see for another 5+ years.....

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Wink Re: Ending 2010 on a High Note

2 pt drop in SS employee contribution and slight increase in 30 yr T securities fit nicely for conforming and profitible margins on a certain niche market share, as well as encouragement to get property off the books b/4 quarter or FYE didn't hurt, I'm thinking, regards the marketplace, and higher mid-range to higher range adjusted (discounted) market segment showing increased activity in recent weeks.

Last edited by H.G. Watson, Sr.; 01-01-2011 at 10:10 AM.