Mario Tousignant Guest

Default Home Gauge Inspection Software

Just coming out of the gate with my home inspection company and already I'm looking to make a changes with the Inspection software and hardware I'm currently using.
    If someone can give me a little feedback on both the Home Gauge and the Palm Tech software. I currently have an HP Ipaq Pocket PC and will be ordering a Fujitsu Tablet PC. I'm still wondering What software to run.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Mario T

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Home Gauge Inspection Software

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Tousignant View Post
    Just coming out of the gate with my home inspection company and already I'm looking to make a changes with the Inspection software and hardware I'm currently using.
    If someone can give me a little feedback on both the Home Gauge and the Palm Tech software. I currently have an HP Ipaq Pocket PC and will be ordering a Fujitsu Tablet PC. I'm still wondering What software to run.

Mario T
    Did you check out the 3D link on this site.? They are one of the venders that support, and make this a free site.

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Tousignant View Post

Mario T
    If you are in Canada, you might want to look at the program that Carson Dunlop has out. I know of several Canadians that use it and they are very happy with it. Home Inspection Software for Home Inspectors - Horizon by Carson Dunlop

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

I've been using Home Guage for 8 years on a PC and a Tablet, but not on a handheld. Great program, easy to use, easy to change on the fly, and top-notch tech support.

Dom.

I've used Home Gauge for the last 4 years with no complaints.
    Tech. support is definitely top notch.

I've also been using HomeGauge for 8 years. It's been a key component of my success from the beginning: Home Inspection Software - Reports by HomeGauge

Mario I suggest you take a look at Home Inspector Pro before deciding so there are no regrets.

I tried two different well known software programs before switching to HomeGauge (3 yrs ago). All I can say is I wish I went with HG right out of the gate, definitely one of my better decisions.

Also, the HG support team is awesome.

Joe Klampfer RHI
    www.myinspection.ca
    Pacific Home Inspections

Doug Haglund Guest

I'll have to agree with everyone else on HG software. I have only been using for 2 months now, after using other software for 10 years what a difference. I like it.

If just starting out, I'd try a variety of them Mario. You can get free trial versions. Give Home Inspector Pro a shot too. Dominic Maricic is an ally to inspectors.

HG has the potential for a lot of "automation" during comment creation, and I make heavy use of it. Some others use it quite successfully making little or no use of the same features. In this respect, it's a very versatile program.

One thing to keep in mind: if you intend to make use of the ability to store comments, and you intend to produce a "narrative" report, no matter what software you select:

1) You will likely end up extensively re-writing most of the comments supplied with the software.

2) You will likely end up writing a *lot* of additional commentary.

As a result, the longer you use a given program, there harder it becomes to change programs without abandoning the results of thousands of hours of previous effort.

So IMO, it pays to try several programs before deciding.

Last edited by Michael Thomas; 01-08-2011 at 06:59 PM.
    Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

Michael is exactly right.

Mario Tousignant Guest

Thanks so much everyone for all the feedback. Quick question , when I view HG sample report I noticed their logo appears on the cover page. Is this going to show up on all Cover pages for all reports?

when I view HG sample report I noticed their logo appears on the cover page. Is this going to show up on all Cover pages for all reports?
    It can be removed. Their logo doesn't show up on my reports.

Like Brandon said. Just replace it with your own logo.

Eric Russell Guest

My experience with HG has been very good. I used Inspectit at first because I bought it in a package deal with tools and other stuff. It was OK at first, but was MS Word based. HG is easy to use and fairly easy to customize to your tastes on most stuff. What I like about it is the choice of templates and the ability to design your own. The comments are easy to change and add to, so you can build your own as you go. HG also has a server to upload your reports to. It will send an email to your client that allows them to access their reports from your website or theirs, and there is the option of a "click to agree" inspection agreement that really saves time and paper. They are sometimes hard to get on the phone, but they will call you back. They have pretty good tech support online too. all in all very satisfied. I also tried the Horizon from Carson-Dunlop and the 3D before buying HG. Didn't like the final look of some of the others. Never tried the Inspector Pro, though.

I use HG and there pocket program on my smart phone. Input all the basic data on-site then back at office input verbiage and pictures. Hey HG need to send me some freebies for giving you props...... :-)

Mike Schulz License 393
    Affordable Home Inspections
    www.houseinspections.com

Stephen Houmard Guest

Give me Homegauge or give me Death!

HomeGauge it is.

Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections

Homegauge all the way!

Clarksville Home Inspection
    JW Goad
    TN License #307 | KY License #2402