Default Inspector needed in Kingwood Texas

I recieved an email from an investor looking for an inspector in Kingwood Texas. I don't have a clue how they found me in any Texas listings.
    If anyone in this area is interested PM me with your email address and I'll forward the email.

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper
    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Default Re: Inspector needed in Kingwood Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    I recieved an email from an investor looking for an inspector in Kingwood Texas. I don't have a clue how they found me in any Texas listings.
    If anyone in this area is interested PM me with your email address and I'll forward the email.
    He is making the rounds

In case anyone is interested

Just north east of Houston. In Houstan and cannot find an inspector in Houston

Hello,

I did a search for home and termite inspectors in Texas and I found your email address. These internet searches are definitely far from perfect so if this is not the type of business or area you’re in, I apologize and please disregard this email.

I have a house in Kingwood under contract that I need inspected as soon as possible. It’s a 3/2.5/2, 1754 SF, there’s no pool and I don’t believe there is a sprinkler system. I would like a structural inspection and a termite inspection. If it has termites, what do you charge for treatment?

About the inspection, can you tell me what exactly is inspected? Do you cover: the home's heating and cooling systems, electrical, plumbing, interiors, exteriors, garages, baths, roofing, kitchens, drainage, insects, insulation, ventilation, exterior walls, parapets, soffits, fascia, trim, chimney, foundation, and slab?
    Do you climb into the attic and on the roof to assess the insulation, ventilation, framing, roof surface, flashing, penetrations, drainage, overhangs, gutters and downspouts. In the kitchen inspection, does it include cabinets, counters, sinks, faucets, garbage disposal and other built-in appliances?
    Do you take digital pictures that I can have copies of?
    How long will it take to get the report? And can I get it emailed to me, either in Word or .PDF?

How long have you been an inspector?
    Do you do this work full time?
    How many years has the company you’re working for been in business under its current business name?
    Are you/they registered with the BBB?
    Are you licensed in Texas? Or are you a member of or certified by the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) or an organization like it?
    Do you have general liability and/or errors and omissions insurance? If so, how much?
    Approximately how many inspections you’ve done?
    Do you accept credit cards?
    Can you get me approximate estimates on things that are wrong with the house? I’m not asking for an exact figure or going to hold you to it but a ballpark figure for items that need repair would be very helpful.

If you’re interested, please email me here, tell me how much you will charge for the inspection, approximately how long it will take, how soon you can do it and get the report to me. I will accompany you on the inspection.

Thank you,

Landon Rothstein
    Real Estate Investor, Notary Public
    We Buy Houses Fast!4141 North Freeway Suite 310
    Houston, TX 77022
    713-510-7922 Office
    713-400-1928 Fax to email
    landon426@hotmail.com
    www.a-aprop.com

Go Green, Recycle Congress!

I love emails/calls like this... what I usually tell people is the one thing they should be sure of is to NOT hire the guy willing to fill out their "application" - anyone willing to take the time to do this is obviously starving for work, hasn't worked for weeks and is the last guy you want inspecting your house.

I usually sugar coat this a bit..... but not always I wouldn't even fill out your "form" for $350.... let alone come out and work for you for several hours afterwards. If you have questions, by all means, let's hear them.... but I'm not applying for a job with a Fortune 500 company.

Definitely a scam of some sorts. I got 8 of them today (though different email addresses).

Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software & Home Inspection Website Hosting
    Runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad. Import HomeGauge, 3D & InspectVue Narratives!

Royce Moore Guest

That's defiantly a scam of some sort. I got three of his emails last night and I am in Austin Texas!! This guy is some sort of nut emailing everyone in all States.

Mike Boyett Guest

Thumbs down Re: Inspector needed in Kingwood Texas

This scam artist has been at it for years.

Take a look at http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...splendora.html from 2009

And also Old Nabble - Seeking Real Estate Attorney for Lawsuit Against Janis Adams & Ed Nowak of Re/Max Associates from 2008.

He’s a spammer for sure, for whatever reason….ignore him.

I got the same email!

I just replied that Kingwood was a little out of my service area!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    I got the same email!

I just replied that Kingwood was a little out of my service area!
    Scott

You are what I would call Mr goody two shoes. I call a friend of mine and his wife Mr and Mrs goody two shoes.

My three sentence return to that email was not a Mr goody two shoe letter.

I don't think anyone would have even thought it was a letter. I hate spammers, scammers, folks that waist my time, con men, hyper and fluffers etc.

No, my email was not a Mr goody two shoes email.

I told them to contact nick & Lisa

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

If everyone is getting these inquiries... I'm guessing he's also in the home inspection business and that's his way of doing market research, to find out what everyone is doing and for how much.

hmmmm, maybe I should try that too

Last edited by Joe Klampfer; 01-10-2011 at 09:18 PM. Reason: spelling :(
    Joe Klampfer RHI
    www.myinspection.ca
    Pacific Home Inspections

Jim Scott Guest

Looks like a scam or another inspector shopping the market and your availability. I do not generally get these types of E-mails, but get many calls with bogus names of agents or agents I have never heard of when the market slows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Scott View Post
    Looks like a scam or another inspector shopping the market and your availability. I do not generally get these types of E-mails, but get many calls with bogus names of agents or agents I have never heard of when the market slows.

It doesn't make sense to me. It looks like they have a legit website/ business buying homes in Texas.

www.inspectaz.com

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Well The address and suite number in the spam reverse directory listing and tax rolls back to a Drug and Alcohol Rehab/outpatient/assessment, so something is definately "fishy".

Checked the Texas SOS for notaries, this character's name is listed, as is his Surety, at a completely different address in Harris Co. (Water Point Trail, in Humble, TX).

https://direct.sos.state.tx.us/notar...tarySearch.asp

Ya'll hear about the newest craze, with one fella in the forefront, SUING SPAMMERS under the Fed Laws?

Prolly not "really" coming from this character, but might be, and seems to me using the commission status in a solicitation is...well...not such a good ideeher...

Any of you locals want to "alert" the local "authorities?

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    It doesn't make sense to me. It looks like they have a legit website/ business buying homes in Texas.
    But have you heard of anyone, anywhere getting a reply from this person or hear from any of the thousands of home inspectors that are related to this sight come out and say they are legitimate. I got a very similar email with 99 questions about every aspect of mty business and replied to it asking that person what his wifes name was, did they have health insurance, how many children did they have, how many homes do thjey own, what type of business do they have, how much insurance do they carry, are they reputable characters and could they prove it etc etc etc/ No one that asks that many questions in emails to countless home inspectors around the country is up to any good. From Arizona to Virginia looking for a home inspector when there are maybe a couple hundred around the Greater Houston area or more that can be had with a simple search. "Houston Home Inspectors"

I got the same email. I really think it is phishing attempt to get you to send back as much info as you can and guess what, when we rep[lied we verified a good email address. If the governments of the world really wanted to help stop internet scamming and spam all they have to do is make it illegal in every country to use a false IP address, false return email address, false name or information, use another person's or business's name. Set a $100K fine and 1 year prison sentence for each occurrence. I know it won't happen but I can dream.

The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA