Thread: Vick's Pick

Default Vick's Pick

Tramon Williams, the DB who picked Michael Vicks last pass attempt yesterday has a new nickname- 'Bulldog'. How fitting a name.

Anyway, this weekend I went 2 for 4; Jets over Indy and of course the Pack over the wingless Eagles.

I could get to like the Ravens if Ray Lewis retired and I can't like a coach who left a college is such disarray.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1
    Darren www.aboutthehouseinspections.com
    'Whizzing & pasting & pooting through the day (Ronnie helping Kenny helping burn his poots away!) (FZ)

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Re: Vick's Pick

I call the pick Vick pulling a McNabb. Donovan ended more than one season that same way.

It shouldn't have come down to that though. If Akers makes one of those missed field goals, the Eagles are getting in position for a game winning FG and don't need a TD to win. Oh well, they have their millions to keep them warm.

How many days until pitchers and catchers report?

Darren, do you still want me to get you that Cole Hamels jersey?

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Nick;

Take that Hamels jersey and ....

In all seriousness, if your beloved Phillies don't win 110 games and a world championship in 2011, even you will have to admit the season was a failure.
    With the hype and the pedestal so high, the fall will be that much harder.

'Whizzing & pasting & pooting through the day (Ronnie helping Kenny helping burn his poots away!) (FZ)

Oh absolutely. No World Series title with this rotation will be a failure. But it still won't be easy. Losing Jason Werth leaves a huge hole in rightfield and takes a much needed right-handed power bat out of the lineup. He did a lot for them. They'll need the pitching to carry them. I think their rationale is that they can get by without him because of their rotation and their belief that there isn't anyway the offense can sputter again and have so many injuries again. We'll see.

I think you hate Philadelphia sports teams as much as I hate NY sports teams.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    I think you hate Philadelphia sports teams as much as I hate NY sports teams.
    Ah, you got that right!

Those dreaded Phillies; Eagles; Flyers; 76's ers
    Am I missing anyone?

The only problem is you have double the teams to hate!

At least we could have some fun huh?

hello! who won the series last fall? whole lot of posturing going on by wannabees .

Hey anyone have a thought on who the Titans might get for their new QB? Folks are not sorry to see Vince Young going bye bye!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Hey anyone have a thought on who the Titans might get for their new QB? Folks are not sorry to see Vince Young going bye bye!
    lamarcus russel is available

I think the Titans will be looking for a good young QB out of college. If nobody looks attractive enough at their draft position, I'm sure McNabb will not be a Redskin again next season.

I think the Titans will be looking for a good young QB out of college. If nobody looks attractive enough at their draft position, I'm sure McNabb will not be a Redskin again next season.
    Might be, most think that they will look for a QB with experience so that they can have a chance at the title, that is if they even play ball next year!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Thumbs down Re: Vick's Pick

May be the Vick will pick a "pass" the next time he considers felonious behavior. The guy should have never been allowed back in to the league.

Randall Aldering GHI BAOM MSM
    Housesmithe Inspection
    www.housesmithe.com

Scott;

Kerry Collins was a NY Giant for a long time and I always thought he was a pretty good QB. I even forgave him when he had the 'deer in headlights' look during the Superbowl against that Ravens team. He's getting old (for football) now.

Here's my best guess- if Vick get signed to a long term deal with the dreaded Eagles, Cobb could be a pretty good pick-up.

Randy, as a dog owner, I have to agree! It's disgusting what he did and for those who say he paid for his crime/sins; I don't see how, those dogs are still dead.

Ah Brian, wasn't that team of yours once here in NY?

And how more championship do they need to catch them there 'Yankees'? Just in case you don't know, we have Twenty-Seven (27).

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Miller View Post
    Scott;

Ah Brian, wasn't that team of yours once here in NY?

And how more championship do they need to catch them there 'Yankees'? Just in case you don't know, we have Twenty-Seven (27).
    darrin,
    my team is pretty much the yankees! oakland a's are pretty much a farm league team for those damn yankees and have been since the days of reggie and catfish

Winner of the Bears /Packers game will win it all.
    Yes ,they will meet in the next round once they get a couple out of the way.

We? How many of those rings do you have?

Scott;

Kerry Collins was a NY Giant for a long time and I always thought he was a pretty good QB. I even forgave him when he had the 'deer in headlights' look during the Superbowl against that Ravens team. He's getting old (for football) now.
    I like Collins, most in Nashville like him as well and he is liked by Jeff Fisher..

The kicker is that this was the last year of his contract! He is 38 years old but he still has a rocket of an arm and he knows the game inside and out. He has come out and said that he is healthy and ready to play another 1-2 years before he retires. I think he will make a great backup QB and could even start as QB if they can't find another QB with experience.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by brian schmitt View Post
    my team is pretty much the yankees!
    Nobody is the Yankees except the Yankees.

We? How many of those rings do you have?

It's a metaphor; 'WE' being the team & the fans. I'm hoping Jimmy Rollins next ring will be from a Cracker Jacks box

Like if your 'wish' comes true and your current team's run becomes a "dynasty"; I'm sure you will also say 'We'.

(god, I hope that doesn't come true). Watching the MLB network this am; They are picking the Nationals (without Strassburg) ahead of the Mets.

I think he will make a great backup QB and could even start as QB if they can't find another QB with experience.
    He's been doing a fine job at 'backing up' your First round failure the past couple of years.

I just can't understand how these draft picks get so much money without knowing how they'll pan out. But hey, It's not the owners money, it's the fan's money! 'So what, I'll just raise ticket prices next year'

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Elliott View Post
    Winner of the Bears /Packers game will win it all.
    Yes ,they will meet in the next round once they get a couple out of the way.
    Not if New England has anything to say about that.