Default Your name and other info is on spokeo.com!

This is creepy! There is a site called spokeo.com that's a new online USA phone book w/personal info: everything from pics you've posted on FB or web, your approx credit score, home value, income, age, family member's names. Remove yourself by searching your name, find your page, copy URL then go to bottom of the page & click on the Privacy link to remove yourself.

Copy & re-post on other sites that you are on!.

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Default Re: Your name and other info is on spokeo.com!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    This is creepy! There is a site called spokeo.com that's a new online USA phone book w/personal info: everything from pics you've posted on FB or web, your approx credit score, home value, income, age, family member's names. Remove yourself by searching your name, find your page, copy URL then go to bottom of the page & click on the Privacy link to remove yourself.

Copy & re-post on other sites that you are on!.
    But you have to join as a member if I am not mistaken. Then they even have more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    But you have to join as a member ...
    Nope.

Just copy and paste your links, then respond to the email and it removes your listing.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

You know, I think I took my name off of there six months ago. I checked today, and sure enough, there it was. I'll have to remember to check back again, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they just put it back up after a little while.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Robinson View Post
    You know, I think I took my name off of there six months ago. I checked today, and sure enough, there it was. I'll have to remember to check back again, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they just put it back up after a little while.
    I think it is just to round up more info on you so they can update there system......more emails. Did you notice you can only do 2 a day as far as removing the links.