Thread: Hearth support

Default Hearth support

Last week I inspected a house that was being sold for the 3rd time in 10 years. What really disturbed me was 2 items I found that the previous inspections failed to find. One was Transite pipe/duct (asbestos) buried under the slab. Then I opened the chimney clean-out, stuck my mirror inside and found this:

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1
    Darren www.aboutthehouseinspections.com
    'Whizzing & pasting & pooting through the day (Ronnie helping Kenny helping burn his poots away!) (FZ)

Default Re: Hearth support

What makes you assume the (2) other inspectors did not find these items, but someone else chose not to fix them.

We as inspectors should not assume or jump to quick in thinking another fellow inspector missed these items and also go to the point in bashing him to the other parties not involved.

Unless you have his inspection report in front of you it is not fair to state what he did and did not see.

JMHO

Rick

Default Re: Hearth support

My client (the buyer) was the real estate agent involved in the previous transaction in 2000. Nothing was reported about either item then.

The buyer has the last report with no indication of either problem.

That's a pretty good indication that both were 'missed' in my book.

Darren www.aboutthehouseinspections.com
    'Whizzing & pasting & pooting through the day (Ronnie helping Kenny helping burn his poots away!) (FZ)