Default Service panel in bathroom

I know it is wrong to have a service panel in a bathroom but this house was built in 1985. Were the codes in force then for this installation?

Jim

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Service panel in bathroom

Jim
    I do not know what the code was in 1985, so I cannot answer your question. However, we all see examples where the code has changed since the home was built. Report it as it applies to the standards in use at this time.
    For example:
    The service panel is located in the bathroom.
    It may, or may not, have been allowed when the home was built, however it is no longer allowed in new construction. This is a safety issue, and safety does not care what codes was in effect.
    I recommend that you consult with a qualified electrical contractor about relocating the service panel to a safer location.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

From what I've found, 1993 appears to be the first year this type of installation was addressed as a prohibited location.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Thanks fellows, I thought 1993 was the first time it was addressed.

Thanks for the imput!

Jim