Default Where to buy Radon Monitor?

I've been researching for a little while now, and haven't turned up much in the way of continuous radon monitor retailers.

I see posts referencing 1027's going for ~$500 new, but maybe those are outdated deals, because the best I've found is around $600, the same price from either Sun Nuclear or Environmental Solutions (I believe). Haven't seen much on Ebay, and it would have to be a great deal IMO to make up for the added cost of calibration and associated shipping.

Anyone know of any other options?

Thanks!

- Jerry

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Where to buy Radon Monitor?

If you buy a used CRM don't forget to figure in the cost of recalibration (if the unit has not been calibrated within the last year). Calibration will cost you about $150 (including S/H both ways).

"Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

Radstar so far is not very impressive - no prices listed on their website, and no response to my emailed price request.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Harcek View Post
    I've been researching for a little while now, and haven't turned up much in the way of continuous radon monitor retailers.

I see posts referencing 1027's going for ~$500 new, but maybe those are outdated deals, because the best I've found is around $600, the same price from either Sun Nuclear or Environmental Solutions (I believe). Haven't seen much on Ebay, and it would have to be a great deal IMO to make up for the added cost of calibration and associated shipping.

Anyone know of any other options?

Thanks!

- Jerry
    A new 1027 from SN will cost you about $600. Last week at InsepctionWorld they had them for $500 if you ordered it at the show. These are already calibrated when you buy them from SN.

I picked one up this past summer from an add over on TIJ for $300 with a carrying case and it was only a year old. Cost me another $150 for calibration and it has already made about $2,500! Not a bad return for my investment.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com