Gene Woods Guest

Default What FHA required inspections in TN?

In Tennessee, Rutherford County: I need to know from any FHA inspector or FHA Appraiser that can give me some true advice on exactly what kind of inspections(home?/Engineer?) that is Required to be done on a Site built house for FHA loan to be approved?
    Once required inspection is Named, What type/List of major things you look for that has to pass?

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: What FHA required inspections in TN?

What is required and actually done is way different around here.

Some people have actually bought houses based on just an FHA "inspection".

They vary from a driveby to see if the house is really there to looking for handrails, wires hanging out of the ceiling and at least one toilet that flushes.
    Major roof failure or huge foundation cracks may be noted during these 5 minute inspections too.

Is this your house you are asking about?

Here is a checklist similar to what they might use:
    FHA Property Inspection Checklist

(Manufactured homes will need a foundation certificate from an engineer.)

Bruce King, B.A. King Home Inspections, LLC
    www.BAKingHomeInspections.com
    Certified Master Inspector, Independent Inspectorwww.IndependentInspectors.org

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Woods View Post
    In Tennessee, Rutherford County: I need to know from any FHA inspector or FHA Appraiser that can give me some true advice on exactly what kind of inspections(home?/Engineer?) that is Required to be done on a Site built house for FHA loan to be approved?
    Once required inspection is Named, What type/List of major things you look for that has to pass?
    Gene, it is most likely the final compliance inspection that they need. You need to be listed as a fee paid inspector on the HUD/FHA Inspector Roster. Fairly simple inspection and form, but you have to be listed as an inspector and have a HUD number. Give me a call if you need help or have a question, 615-302-1113.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Gene Woods Guest

I am a first time buyer and I have been through 4 different homes and spent a total of $750.00 on 3 different inspections that I found out that should have not been done at all.
    I am now looking at some old in year site built homes and I would like to know what or where I could find any information on what exactly FHA inspections are required for an FHA loan to process and pass?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Woods View Post
    I am a first time buyer and I have been through 4 different homes and spent a total of $750.00 on 3 different inspections that I found out that should have not been done at all.
    I am now looking at some old in year site built homes and I would like to know what or where I could find any information on what exactly FHA inspections are required for an FHA loan to process and pass?
    Thanks
    You need to ask your lender what form they need. If it is a 92051 then you need an FHA Compliance Inspection, this is usually paid for by the builder or whoever might own the home. If the home has never been occupied(sold) then this is most likely what you need.

If you want to know what HUD requires this is the site address:
    HUDClips -> Minimum Property Standards for Housing, 1994 Edition (4910.1)

It sounds like your lender is not telling you exactly what you need or you are using an inspector who does not know what they are doing.

Hope this helps...........

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Ted Menelly Guest

OK

So, have you asked your FHA man that you are going thru for the loan. An existing home may or may not need an inspection at all. Depending on the year they may just require a termite inspection. I have seen some FHA loans that do not even ask for a termite inspection on homes a dozen years old if not more.

An "FHA" inspection may not mean an "FHA" but just a regular home inspection which you should not short change yourself on. I have inspected brand new homes that in one home needed all the brick taken down on the right side two strories of brick, thirteen windows out of square that had two top locks and only the right side locked, leaks in the duct work everywhere and I did not have to do a duck blaster test to find them, no ARC fault breakers and they should have been everywhere, not just the bedrooms etc etc etc.

Ask you lender. Trust me he/she will know. But again , do not short change yourself. You need a home inspection. Your answer may be what if they don't find anything? It will just be more money thrown out the window.....What if they do????? It could be thousands of dollars needed in repairs.

Gene Woods Guest

Smile Re: What FHA required inspections in TN?

Thanks everyone for your assistants. All this information does help.