Thread: HELLO

Robert Smith Guest

Default HELLO

My name is Robert Smith I'm a full time inspector and a part time logo designer specializing in residential and commercial inspectors logos.

Inspection Referral

Ron Bibler Guest

Default Re: HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Smith View Post
    My name is Robert Smith I'm a full time inspector and a part time logo designer specializing in residential and commercial inspectors logos.
    Welcome Robert...Jump in anytime...

Best

Ron

Robert Smith Guest

Thank You Ron. Is that you on the Bike?

I checked out Robert's service because what I saw on his website looked good. Seems you have to pay for your logo before you see it. Does anybody else think this smells a bit??

Robert Smith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Thompson View Post
    I checked out Robert's service because what I saw on his website looked good. Seems you have to pay for your logo before you see it. Does anybody else think this smells a bit??
    Doesn't smell at all! Do you do your inspections without getting paid up front? Sounds like you want a free logo, then never pay for it.

If you want references you can click any logo on my site and contact them directly off their websites.

I have had to many logos stolen from me that I've made and never gotten paid for without anyway of recovering because I sent my logo before getting paid. Its sad but I used to trust people and now a few aholes have ruined it.

Oh, I see, you don't trust me but I should trust you. There are lots of ways to protect your work such as embedding "sample" or "proof" across the logo.
    I'm sure that when I pay you will send me a logo, it's just that if I don't like it sounds like I am SOL.
    And no, I don't get paid before the inspection.

I think his process is common in the graphics industry.

According to his site, he will send you 4 or 5 logos based on your input, you pick one, and then have it edited for you as needed. I don't know how many edits that includes, maybe he'll tell us, but what did you expect?

Other design firms charge upfront for that service too.

Dom.

Robert Smith Guest

Thanks Dom
    Unfortunately this is the way we have to run our graphic design business' because there is no way to recover a custom design once its out there. And there are people out there that will steal your hard work.

All logos includes up to three revisions of the logo that is chosen of the 4 or 5 initially sent.

Robert Smith Guest

Oh, I see, you don't trust me but I should trust you. There are lots of ways to protect your work such as embedding "sample" or "proof" across the logo.
    I'm sure that when I pay you will send me a logo, it's just that if I don't like it sounds like I am SOL.
    I don't know what fantasy world your living in Benjamin but in this world you can't even pump gas without paying first.

So for the low, low price of only $100 you think I should add more time and work to the logo to safeguard it against rip offs. Sorry if I have to do more work just to appease you then I don't want or need your business Benjamin.

I don't know what fantasy world your living in Benjamin but in this world you can't even pump gas without paying first.
    Ha!
    You can in Canada! Pretty sure if this was a fantasy it wouldn't be -35 with the wind chill!

Ted Menelly Guest

Imagine if marketers had to prove there weight first before you spent a small fortune with them. They all say you must trust me and I will deliver. If they do not deliver then you are out of money and usually stuck with a contract you still have to keep paying on.

Logos are a bit different than marketers marketing your business. He does offer three reviews and changes.

But

Robert, as you say "Its sad but I used to trust people and now a few aholes have ruined it." That is the way you think but get down on him for thinking the same way? What's up with that, getting all defensive and the back up.

The sad part is that most home inspectors have been ripped off with marketers all promising them great results and you must pay up front.....and sign a contract.

What is sad is that you are marketing the exact same thing...results...with referrals. You have been ripped off by others and for some strange reason you are all put out that someone just might not trust you? You are shocked that someone wants results before they put out money. I am not quite getting it but in all honesty everyone marketing out there to inspectors or to most people act the exact same way you are.

Don't you understand that the inspector does the inspection first and then the client pays you. They could walk out the door after you go over the findings and then not pay you if they do not like the findings. Chasing them for money could cost a fortune. Where is your thinking man. I would calm down and come back to reality. The trust thing goes both ways.

You should be sending the Logos of in an encrypted PDF until they except the design. Then they send you money and you send them the finished unlocked Logo in JPG format or something. Why do you want someone to trust you when you trust no one?

Kinda funky, huh?

Robert Smith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    Imagine if marketers had to prove there weight first before you spent a small fortune with them. They all say you must trust me and I will deliver. If they do not deliver then you are out of money and usually stuck with a contract you still have to keep paying on.

Logos are a bit different than marketers marketing your business. He does offer three reviews and changes.

But

Robert, as you say "Its sad but I used to trust people and now a few aholes have ruined it." That is the way you think but get down on him for thinking the same way? What's up with that, getting all defensive and the back up.

The sad part is that most home inspectors have been ripped off with marketers all promising them great results and you must pay up front.....and sign a contract.

What is sad is that you are marketing the exact same thing...results...with referrals. You have been ripped off by others and for some strange reason you are all put out that someone just might not trust you? You are shocked that someone wants results before they put out money. I am not quite getting it but in all honesty everyone marketing out there to inspectors or to most people act the exact same way you are.

Don't you understand that the inspector does the inspection first and then the client pays you. They could walk out the door after you go over the findings and then not pay you if they do not like the findings. Chasing them for money could cost a fortune. Where is your thinking man. I would calm down and come back to reality. The trust thing goes both ways.

You should be sending the Logos of in an encrypted PDF until they except the design. Then they send you money and you send them the finished unlocked Logo in JPG format or something. Why do you want someone to trust you when you trust no one?

Kinda funky, huh?
    I get paid first then do the inspection so that they don't walk if I start finding crap they don't like.

Ted Menelly Guest

I get paid first then do the inspection so that they don't walk if I start finding crap they don't like.
    I see. You just do not trust anyone at all. Like I said. You think that way and fault others for thinking that way about you or marketers in general.

I get paid after I do the inspection and in many instances (a lot) they even get the report before I get my money.

In thousands of inspections, 12 years of full time inspections and 25 years of part time inspecting I got ripped off once and only once. I do not go thru life not trusting. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Now in the construction world I had to give, let's say, gentle persuasion, to get money from either a general contractor or Construction management Company but never from a client.

I did get ripped off from a few marketers over time but if they were local that would not have happened either.....Just saying.

A few years ago I recovered 6,500 in marketing costs where marketers tried to rip me off selling false bills of goods. That was with out legal action. That was actually the results of a few years time that they tried ripping me off between the 3 companies.

Robert, I'm not interested in giving you a hard time, I was actually interested after I saw your website. When I had a graphics person design my brochures, I didn't pay a dime until I approved the proofs. What you say is alot of extra work would take a few seconds and would protect your work.

I could easily offer the same service you offer. Send me (only) $100 and I'll design you 4 logos. I will offer 3 revisions. I guarantee nobody would be happy with my work and nobody would use my logos, but I would have the $100 and would have lived up to my end of the deal.

Maybe you are offering a really good service at a really good price. As Ted has hinted at, if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Just a marketing idea; $50 dollars up front, $50 when you approve the design. I would go for that, though I do understand that you don't want my business. I think many of us have been burned by marketers in the past.

Robert Smith Guest

I understand your concerns, If you pay for something you want to be able to see or hold something for your spent money. I actually did the down payment plan when I first started with logos. I also charged $199 at the time. Only after having a few of my design ideas stole out from under me did I start charging up front. It was from a few cheap ass association brothers who I thought I could trust. It wasn't that they didn't like the logos and didn't want to pay because they're still using the logo, its that I have no way to prove what is mine and now they have free logos. Benjamin, If you email me I would be happy to offer you a free logo, yes I said free just to show I'm not a scam and that I don't just want everyone's hard earned cash. That isn't why I do this.

Robert, I appreciate the offer but I would not expect or want you to do that. I'll tell you what I will do, if it is OK with you and with Brian who runs the site:
    I will send you $100 and have you design me a logo. After we are both satisfied with the final product I will post it here and let the others know how it went. Does that sound like a deal?

Ted Menelly Guest

Hm

I'll take the free logo

LEO304E CARR Guest

Welcome to the forum

Robert Smith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LEO304E CARR View Post
    Welcome to the forum
    Thank you Leo

brian watson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Egbert Jager View Post
    Ha!
    You can in Canada! Pretty sure if this was a fantasy it wouldn't be -35 with the wind chill!
    that's funny, i glad to see your keeping it light hearted with a little humor,honestly you both have merit to what you say ,but unfortunately the world is the way it is and some people out there have no honor or morals, not saying you are one of them but there are a-holes out there and he's only doing what he's been forced to do to protect himself from them, ...thanks guys it was entertaining... P.S.that was a good example of how we now pay for our gas first. made your point very clear.

Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

Free logos? Don't you have to join Internachi first?
    If so, I guess the logo ain't free...................

Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

Well if you look at it that way, I guess you could divide all the zillion membership benefits into the dues and attribute a few pennies of those dues to that one, particular benefit. So I guess you are technically correct. The inspector logo design costs a few pennies, maybe as much as a nickle.

Non-members can view the logos to help get some ideas for their own design. Here are some more concepts you can view for free More Inspection Business Logos (page 3) - InterNACHI

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry McCarthy View Post
    Free logos? Don't you have to join Internachi first?
    If so, I guess the logo ain't free...................
    You respond and she keeps getting more free advertising

Here is a helpful article for inspectors who are designing their own logos. The article is also free Marketing for Inspectors: There's More to Design Than You Think - InterNACHI

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Here is a helpful library of marketing concepts for inspectors that demonstrates ways inspectors can use logos in printed pieces Free Inspector Marketing Library

Browsing through the free library might help you come up with your own, unique concept for a home inspection brochure or business card.

Last edited by Lisa Endza; 03-12-2012 at 11:00 AM.
    Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Doctor Haus Guest

Robert, I appreciate the offer but I would not expect or want you to do that. I'll tell you what I will do, if it is OK with you and with Brian who runs the site:
    I will send you $100 and have you design me a logo. After we are both satisfied with the final product I will post it here and let the others know how it went. Does that sound like a deal?
    Hello.

How did that work out? I notice the website link doesn't work, and I couldn't find a website link for you.

I've been thinking about an updated unique easily identified logo.