imported_John Smith Guest

Default What to buy next for my business

Starting to put some money back into the business. Trying to determine what I should buy next. Magnetic signs for the van, embossed business cards, doughnuts for realt estate agents, custom printed brochures?

I already have some embroidered shirts (thanks to those that suggested Queensboro on this site).

So far almost all of my business has been referrals from satisfied customers that I got on my own (without real estate agents), so Im not leaning real heavy towards trying to get businsess from RAs.

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: What to buy next for my business

I would think signage for the vehicle would be more sales productive than a few ole doughnuts. Plus that most of the realtors I know personally despise the doughnut thing. If you have got to drop off something, try some fresh fruit instead of doughnuts.

Go ahead and make the commitment and go with vinyl lettering. Why magnetic signs? Looks like a part-timer every time I see them.

Speaking of doughnuts, Who's going to see the Simpson Movie? I'm there.

Rick

Smile Re: What to buy next for my business

John I would stay away from the magnetic signs. I would recommend vinyl lettering instead. The cost is about the same and it will look more professional. I had vinyl lettering installed on my doors and tailgate for $125. This has been the best $125 I have ever put into my business.

imported_John Smith Guest

I guess Im not familiar with the vinyl lettering you guys are referring to (or I am and just dont know it).

I got some proofs on some vinyl magnetic signs that looked pretty good. Ill have to do some internet search on the vinyl lettering.

THanks

I couldn't keep the magnetic signs on my vehicle. Depends on how much of a curve they have to stick to, I guess, but they would fly off at highway speeds. My problem is, I use the vehicle for other things, such as taking stuff to recycling or what passes for "the dump" in the Philadelphia, and if I have any indication of a business on my vehicle, they won't let me in. So, at least with the mag signs I could take them off when I needed to.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

When I had signs on my truck, they were magnetic ones, and to avoid the 'magnetic sign look' I has them cut to the shape of my logo.

Leaving them rectangular makes them look 'temporarily stuck on'. Making them match your logo makes them look like they are 'permanent signs'.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

John, if you have to ply somebody with food and gifts to get work, is that really the type of work you want?

Try focusing on marketing yourself to the buyers. After all, they are the ones who pay us.

Jerry I like that idea.Good thinking.

Joe Nernberg Guest

Cool Re: What to buy next for my business

I am using "InspectBot." This RC device has an integrated video cam and is able navigate rough terrain under houses. No more crawling. I just sit outside the sub area with a joy stick.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

imp._John,

You might think about getting a decent circuit tester (e.g., SureTest) or a moisture meter.

"Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com