There is a small 1 foot by 4 foot enclosed space between a shower (in one bathroom) and a tub (in the other bathroom). That is, this is where the plumbing for the hot and cold water handles, showerheads, etc goes. This is also the space where the main soil stack comes up from the basement through to the roof for the main soil vent.

The top of this space is open to the attic, so I can see down in there. The bottom of this space drops into the laundry room in the basement. The bottom isn't open, it just has several holes where the plumbing pipes come through.

I was sealing off the top of this space, and I noticed there is a 220 V electrical cable going through this space which goes to the clothes dryer in the basement. I also noticed 2 additional 110 lines that come down through this space as well. At the bottom, the cables are squeezed through the hole made by the main soil stack, to get into the basement.

At first blush, it's a worry that electrical cables are coming down a crawl space with so much plumbing in it.

Is this a accepted practice? Is a code violation of some sort? Would I have to fix it by having the electrical re-routed, or putting some sort of conduit through this run that keeps the electrical away from the water that might leak from the plumbing?

Should I be scared?