Paul Johnston Guest

Default Generator Disconnect

This is what I found being used to disconnect a generator. It is a small 110v gen. but the sad part is they broke the feeder with the 100 amp. breaker which feeds the L/H buss and connected the Gen. to the R/H buss.
    Touch the breaker the lights go off. Yes there are piggy back wires, twisted splices not box connectors etc.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Generator Disconnect

Oh my...that looks scarry! What some people due to try and keep the lights on in the event of a power failure.

RJDalga
    http://homeanalysts.com
    Kalamazoo, MI

Galvin Guest

Okay. I saw on it. Could you be able to fix the problem that you found in it?
    Or preferably you would call to some electrician for this sake?

Ted Menelly Guest

In Costa Rica it just may be the thing to do but if they were my panels I would have both repaired and wired correctly.

Paul Johnston Guest

Here in Costa Rica it really hard to find any qualified electricians. There have been some North Americans try to open shop here but they have to compete with $2-3 dollar an hour labor. Most people if you turn the switch on and the light works it has to be OK.
    At times I find work almost this bad in $1,000,000 homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    In Costa Rica it just may be the thing to do but if they were my panels I would have both repaired and wired correctly.

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Johnston View Post
    Here in Costa Rica it really hard to find any qualified electricians. There have been some North Americans try to open shop here but they have to compete with $2-3 dollar an hour labor. Most people if you turn the switch on and the light works it has to be OK.
    At times I find work almost this bad in $1,000,000 homes.
    I am extremely curious why homes are so expensive down there seeing how labor is so cheap. The idea of moving to Costa Rica years ago was because of the inexpensive land and homes and of course living expenses.

That will all die out over time when the world comes to its senses. Right now there are still way too many people with there crazy retirement plans and high paying jobs. Once the world comes to reality and the earnings become reasonable again and the retirement plans have to be paid into heavily by the employees things will change.

Sorry to rob the thread. I just inspected a home for a college Librarian and a college counselor husband. Between the 2 of them they gross about 140,000.00 a year.....this is a state college, retirement all paid for, medical all paid for, 350,000.00 dollar home,Mercedes E350 50,000.00 dollar car, a 50,000.00 dollar SUV and a 28,000 dollar Taurus to kick around in.

Sorry about that. It just made me sick the other day. State college, and folks wonder what happened to the economy.

Paul Johnston Guest

Prices here are not cheap. Food is high, water and electric is high. Property taxes are cheap for now. Houses are cheap built but bring big bucks because the yankees came and brought bags of money. Most here are yet to admit there is a economic slow down.
    It is starting to show. Only thing selling is hight dollar homes.

I am extremely curious why homes are so expensive down there seeing how labor is so cheap. The idea of moving to Costa Rica years ago was because of the inexpensive land and homes and of course living expenses.

That will all die out over time when the world comes to its senses. Right now there are still way too many people with there crazy retirement plans and high paying jobs. Once the world comes to reality and the earnings become reasonable again and the retirement plans have to be paid into heavily by the employees things will change.

Sorry to rob the thread. I just inspected a home for a college Librarian and a college counselor husband. Between the 2 of them they gross about 140,000.00 a year.....this is a state college, retirement all paid for, medical all paid for, 350,000.00 dollar home,Mercedes E350 50,000.00 dollar car, a 50,000.00 dollar SUV and a 28,000 dollar Taurus to kick around in.

Sorry about that. It just made me sick the other day. State college, and folks wonder what happened to the economy.