Thread: IV4 question

Default IV4 question

What does this button do-how do you use it?? "Add as new"...

And does anyone know what is "orphaned picture text" in the general print options.
    Thanks

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Marc M; 05-05-2011 at 02:05 PM.
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: IV4 question

Did you try to call tech support? Tom has been very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    Did you try to call tech support? Tom has been very helpful.
    Naaa, not as of yet. I thought i'd get a quicker response here.

It adds a new comment while copying the contents of the current narrative that you're working in!

Example.. you have comment that you use...

"Tim is a great guy" being the Summary Narrative (Title at top line)

With the full narrative being, "Tim is a great guy, but he gets so busy he loses his mind on a regular basis.."

You click the arrow'd icon... It can now add a new comment with the same/copied narrative but allow to you tweak your current comment as well as alter the Summary narrative/title.

You could now add that "and to boot, he gets tempted to chuck his cell phone across the crawlspace (what few we have... I get them all) when he stops what he's doing and answer's the phone, finding a salesperson wants him to buy something"

So you're working in IV4 now are ya.. you'll probably pull your hair out a little less anyway than using 5.

Jack is correct.. Tom is helpful when possible, but I'm not sure what to think anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Spargo View Post
    It adds a new comment while copying the contents of the current narrative that you're working in!

Example.. you have comment that you use...

"Tim is a great guy" being the Summary Narrative (Title at top line)

With the full narrative being, "Tim is a great guy, but he gets so busy he loses his mind on a regular basis.."

You click the arrow'd icon... It can now add a new comment with the same/copied narrative but allow to you tweak your current comment as well as alter the Summary narrative/title.

You could now add that "and to boot, he gets tempted to chuck his cell phone across the crawlspace (what few we have... I get them all) when he stops what he's doing and answer's the phone, finding a salesperson wants him to buy something"

So you're working in IV4 now are ya.. you'll probably pull your hair out a little less anyway than using 5.

Jack is correct.. Tom is helpful when possible, but I'm not sure what to think anymore.
    Mr Spargo,
    How's it going buddy? Yes, I went back to the 4. I wasnt able to find a program that fits what I'm used to. I didnt know you had homes out yander that were old enough to have crawlspaces. We do here, but I suppose like your area, only a few. Hey thanks for helping me witht he button, it works well. I have a POS to do so i will try it out. I'll have to come out there and hook up with you for a Starbucks or something.