Default Anyone use the GZone Boulder Cell?

Looking at getting one. It looks pretty sturdy.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Anyone use the GZone Boulder Cell?

I got one about 2 weeks ago for the blue tooth capability and wanted a phone that had at least a similar rubberized coating as the phone I was replacing. So far so good. I picked that particular phone for the extra protection on the case as well as the water resistance factor. Fortunately I haven't had to test either of those factors yet but I am sure I will. The sound quality is good and I haven't had any reception issues so I would recommend it. The only downside so far is it is a little larger than most phone holsters can handle due to the extra protection on the case and I am having a little trouble locating a holster, but it is easy to carry in your pocket.

Tom Camp Guest

A water resistant feature would be nice, I dropped my last phone in a snow drift, found out the hard way it was not water resistant. I have a blackberry curve now and can get my email on my phone, I do watch the snow now because I know this one is not water resistant either. Good Luck with the GZone Cell.

I have the previous model (spring 2010)

Basically same phone.
    Charging cradle failed at 4 mts & Verizon replaced (1st yr covered).

Dropped in a bucket of water ( not on purpose) & it survived.
    Received a call as soon as i pulled it out ( how did they know??).
    Speaker and mic were garbled (retaining water). Blew on mic and speakers and that helped some. Once it dried out it was fine. Not afraid to go out into the rain anymore (2nd reason I bought this one,, 1st was the heaver hinge).
    Do not open phone (case internals) if it is wet. People have trashed waterproof cameras by not having them totally dry before opening case.

Phone is built to gov spec not certified to gov spec. Verizon covering but on water proof by calling water resistant.

Also have dropped it with no problems.

Have had it lock up twice. Removed the battery and put it back. Phone rebooted fine.

You will like it. I have.

Thanks for the input.