Joseph Miley Guest

Default becoming a home inspector

I'm new to the inspection world. Studied thru AHIT and passed my NHIE. Researching to know what step to take next to start my business here in MS. Any advice on insurance companies or tools to avoid

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Ron Bibler Guest

Default Re: becoming a home inspector

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Miley View Post
    I'm new to the inspection world. Studied thru AHIT and passed my NHIE. Researching to know what step to take next to start my business here in MS. Any advice on insurance companies or tools to avoid

Welcome to the board... plug in and get your feet wet... Are you doing any inspection yet and if not why?

Or have you done any mock inspection? If so post one of your report and let the sharks have at it. better to let these guy kick you around the some attorney...

You will only find help from the inspectors on this board.

But get some skin in the game.

Best

Ron

Joseph Miley Guest

I've only done mock inspections to date mostly for family members. Not sure how to post reports yet but I will as soon as I figure it out. Trying to buy a new home and start a new business at same time is tricky especially when doing business out of own pocket

Ron Bibler Guest

I've only done mock inspections to date mostly for family members. Not sure how to post reports yet but I will as soon as I figure it out. Trying to buy a new home and start a new business at same time is tricky especially when doing business out of own pocket
    Hey Joseph. convert your report into a PDF. in the message reply box you will see a large A a happy face and then a paper clip. use the paper clip to upload a report.

Best

Ron

Being that you are in Wiggins, MS you will need to realize that you are going to need to cover a large market area. I would say that you will need to cover about a 100 mile radius of Wiggins, this will then put you in to some areas with higher populations. I worked the MS market as a home inspector for over 10 years, it is not easy building a business in a mostly rural state like MS.

Look at BRP for insurance and I have also heard that OREP has a good product for new inspectors.

Good luck and I would suggest for you to make friends with other inspectors in the area and around the State. It helps to have inspector friends who can answer questions and send referrals when they are booked.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Joseph Miley Guest

Thanks for the advice. Ill have to do some traveling. There are no inspectors in this county. Closest I know of is about 40 miles away